Review My Website Please!

jdmaurer16

Reaction score
Here is my website. I wrote all the codes and made all of the images myself. Here is the URL...

http://www.kiniferus.com/

Any feedback is appreciated! I wanna know any way that I can improve this site. You can either leave me feedback by replying on these forums, or sending me an email through the website. Thanks in advance to anybody that helps!

Siaram

Reaction score
Not bad bro but...Too many colors man. Maybe try to stick with one color scheme. The green is cool so go with it. For example, your top menu is green with yellow text right? So why scare people away by making it BLUE on mouseover?!? Make the mouseover color a different shade of green. Lighter or darker, but keep things consistant. And all the other OFF text colors also. "Latest news", "Special offers" and "Click here" are all blue and don't fit right with the initial green theme so make them a complimenting shade of green also.

That'll help a lot I think. ;)

markp

Reaction score
Good template and good background but theres a few things i think need looking at.

The navbar really doesnt fit in with the colour scheme and i think the the text used for titles and in the navbar makes the site look a bit unprofessional. I think it would be better to use a slightly smaller text size too.

You need more detail on the services page too, for example on the website repair part you should add more about what programming languages you have experience in, and basically convince the person reading you are an expert and theyd be in safe hands.

On your contact page the form is a bit squashed and the message box needs expanding. The field names really should be on the left of the field. The background colours on the order forms need changing the green doesnt fit in, and you need to explain what a customer quote number is.

Its got a lot of potential though. Hope i helped.

AirNike

Reaction score
The content of the site is good. But the whole layout, I'm just not feeling. I agree with the colors, I suggest learning a little more photoshop, and make templates out of there, instead of straight html.

shcKr-

Reaction score
may i suggest that you learn how to create decent website templates yourself before you start up your own web design company..
good luck

delon

Banned
Reaction score
First a great website, nice logo/header, exactly yes tooo many colors try to stick to a color scheme, i think you can make the text look better where it says Welcome to Kiniferus Web Design!
We can design, fix, and maintain your website.
We also offer logo design!

Nice background color, I think you should remove the counter as it can be a bad impression, i cant tell you exactly but it can become.
And the navbar, Seriously i did not liked it, instead of green try some good color and the graphics used for the navbar i didn't liked it.

Overall Rating : 8.5/10
Great work, counter and the nav bar are a minus.

jdmaurer16

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. I am actually working on a brand new site layout right now. I am taking all of your suggestions into consideration. Thanks!

reybre

Reaction score
I'm entirely new to this whole website design concept...I just used iweb to make a website, http://reybre.exofire.net, but this one looks really nice...is it really hard to make a website without something like iweb to get rid of all the html code? I was considering trying this, but i'm not sure..

themadcrazykid

Reaction score
For a webdesign site not a very good template.

What i mean is that if you want people to choose you as there sites designer than you gotta impress them my making your site more beautiful you know what i mean.

well my rating would be 6/10.

jdmaurer16

Reaction score
I totally know what you mean. Like I said, I am working on a new web design, and it is a lot better than the old one. I am taking all of you-guy's suggestions into mind, and thanks to everyone for your feedback.
Edit:
I'm entirely new to this whole website design concept...I just used iweb to make a website, http://reybre.exofire.net, but this one looks really nice...is it really hard to make a website without something like iweb to get rid of all the html code? I was considering trying this, but i'm not sure..

It takes some time to learn good HTML, Javascript, CGI, et. But in the end its completely worth it. Here is a link to learn web design languages...http://www.w3schools.com/

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't seem to be wanting to stay at your site long enough to read most of the text. It just seems boring with that layout.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
@Sokii, please use constructive criticism, this is your first warning as I've seen you make other people feel bad about their website with your reviews.

Anyways I wanted to point out one important thing, more important than the design or anything else. Your ad is too far down on the page, you need to bring it to the top, where people don't have to scroll to see it. I want you to fix this in 2 days, otherwise I will have to notify an Account Manager.

olmcs87

Reaction score
it looks abit amateurish.. specially for a website designer.. maybe you should give it a more corporate look

jdmaurer16

Reaction score
@Sokii, please use constructive criticism, this is your first warning as I've seen you make other people feel bad about their website with your reviews.

Anyways I wanted to point out one important thing, more important than the design or anything else. Your ad is too far down on the page, you need to bring it to the top, where people don't have to scroll to see it. I want you to fix this in 2 days, otherwise I will have to notify an Account Manager.

What are you talking about? I don't have an ad on my website...my account is ad-free.

VPmase

Reaction score
Looks good. I'd add a sweet repeating bg to it if it were my site.