Review my Website - Tagword

hacxx

Reaction score
Hi,

I have created an IE only tool that allow posting in tagboard easily just with three clicks. I have fully scrapped alexa rankings and the members version has more than 3000 tagboards listed.

While testing i started a marketing campaing for a mp3 download site and currently it has 2000 hits daily with aproximately 500 returning visitors. The tool can be used to sell or promote affiliate business.

Test or use the demo version as you like, for the members version contact me by email.

http://tagword.uphero.com

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I cannot imagine why anybody would create a website that only works with the IE Browser under any circumstances for any reason. Do you have any idea how many visitors and potential members you are excluding who might be using Firefox, Opera, or Chrome, (just to name a few)? Also, whatever script you are using to test / block non IE users is not functioning efficiently - when I attempted to open your website with Firefox the page loaded fairly quickly but then there was a long pause and the annoying pop up window informing me that I cannot view your website because I don't use Microsucks Internet Exploder popped up after about 10 seconds. You apparently have some other pop-ups of some kind because my Firefox browser very efficiently blocked those other pop-ups. Pop-ups are not only annoying, (tending to drive visitors away), but they are also largely ineffective due to the fact that most people have browsers and / or add-ons that block them. Your website title is simply "Tagword". Good luck getting any kind of search engine ranking with that. I would suggest, (at the minimum), adding some kind of short description to the title. And it does not appear that you have any kind of meta description or keywords either, so this site is going to be largely invisible to search engines. Obviously I am unable to explore or review your website farther due to the fact that I am using the VERY POPULAR Firefox Browser which you do not allow on your site. Sorry to be harsh, but that is really dumb in my opinion.

hacxx

Reaction score
I cannot imagine.. ... in my opinion.

The script that i'm using is a bit old and seems firefox doesn't support it. This site isn't to be visible in search engines because it can annoy several people in the internet at once. About the Firefox, in my point of view it's crap because it eat more resources than the features it provides. Yes it's true that it has an infinite number of addons but without the addons the best is Opera.

1) Opera
2) IE
3) Firefox
4) Chrome

That's my list

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
To be honest, that is the most horrendous list I have ever seen; flip it upside down and you're almost right (Switch Opera and IE). I suppose you have the right to your own opinion, but you really are depriving yourself and your users from a good experience.
Anyway, you say it only works in IE, but it actually seems fine in Safari.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ghastly.. and works with Firefox

Loathe to click on anything with all that obfusticated javascript

hacxx

Reaction score
@cybrax
No it doesn't i have tested and it doesn't load any tagboard.

cl58logs

Reaction score
I hate it just because it is IE-only. If anything, it should be programmed to NOT work in IE.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It opens fine in Safari:
Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 15.07.51.png

In Chrome it gets sent back to the previous page, most likely because you have it set to reject any non-IE browser which another example of horrendously bad coding.

Opera also opens and runs it fine:
Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 15.12.30.png

Basically, you really need to rethink your assumption that it is IE only. Even so though, it could do with a complete recode though. Also, from what I can tell, a lot of the chat boxes are full of spam anyway.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure you are actually listening:
It...Opens...In...Safari ...
Hence it is not IE only.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Hence it is not IE only.

Not opening in my Firefox. I've heard that in the very early age of development of Internet there were only two main browsers i.e. IE and Netscape. And people are having options to make their website suitable for either IE or Netscape but not for both. And I think hacxx is trying to say something similar to this.

Carl may have experienced when he was having Computer with only 64KB RAM :smile:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
He is trying to say that it only opens in IE and nothing else will open it at all. I have opened it fine in Safari and it works fine, so what he claims is false. He is also using javascript to deliberately redirect users running in Chrome to their previous page, despite the fact that it'll probably work in Chrome anyway as it is a WebKit browser.
Sadly, IE is a relic that either needs to be dropped by all or upgraded heavily by Microsoft. IE 8 isn't so bad, but it is still a long way from good.

cl58logs

Reaction score
lemon-tree said:
Hence it is not IE only.

Okay. We are just going by what the original poster said.

It doesn't work in Firefox and I am not sure about Chrome or Opera.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Sadly, the code is so badly obfuscated that we can't even help fix it for Firefox. Also the feeble attempt at hiding the source code is just ridiculous.

cl58logs

Reaction score
I was just looking around the site and I discovered that it was hosted on 000webhost. Therefore, shouldn't this thread be on their forums, not the x10 ones?

priyaa161

Reaction score
I was just looking around the site and I discovered that it was hosted on 000webhost. Therefore, shouldn't this thread be on their forums, not the x10 ones?

I don't think so. Corey is giving this free hosting for visiting this forum and this guy is visiting this forum without giving load to x10hosting servers. What's should be the problem to x10hosting. It's a win win situation for both. BTW, he is the member of this forum and so he has the right to post anything which is formally allowed.