Review my website www.evony.org

estevao

Reaction score
Hi guys.

This is our website http://www.evonytols.org

The layout is pretty crappy, I know, but I'm no webdesigner, and I choose simplicity, functionaluty and SEO over beauty (although if you can have all that's a must! :biggrin:)

all criticism is welcome

best regards

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
No, it is not working. It's giving me a domain not found error, and redirecting to my ISP's corresponding page for the incidence.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it. Joomla? The menu layout is clear and obvious. I like the way the login box is at the top, so you don't have to go wandering down the page to get to it. The forum is also clear, and I like the way you have arranged the ads so as not to make any of the pages too busy.

I don't know whether you have any control over the evony official forum, but the theme is a bit much, the page is just too busy.

The about us and contact pages are a nice touch and give an extra edge to the user-friendliness of the site.

The recruitment page aslo adds to the experience, allowing users to get more involved if they want to.

That's about it. Well done :)

playminigames

Reaction score
i like all of it, if i were to suggest any changes i would make it more like the evony website, but its fine how it is unless you really want to put in a lot more work.

9/10 great job

estevao

Reaction score
I like it. Joomla? The menu layout is clear and obvious. I like the way the login box is at the top, so you don't have to go wandering down the page to get to it. The forum is also clear, and I like the way you have arranged the ads so as not to make any of the pages too busy.

I don't know whether you have any control over the evony official forum, but the theme is a bit much, the page is just too busy.

The about us and contact pages are a nice touch and give an extra edge to the user-friendliness of the site.

The recruitment page aslo adds to the experience, allowing users to get more involved if they want to.

That's about it. Well done :)

Thanks for your review. As I said, the layout "smells" like joomla all the way =P. I don't personally like it, but it's very functional and user friendly.

I don't have any control over the evony official forums but I agree with you. Although I like the color scheme.

i like all of it, if i were to suggest any changes i would make it more like the evony website, but its fine how it is unless you really want to put in a lot more work.

9/10 great job

Thanks for you review. I like the color scheme of the official evony webpage, but the layout is too crowded. I'm willing to change the layout though. Something in the same shape, but with color similar to evony. I like pastel, and antique white. Unfortunately, I'm no web designer (actually, I suck at it =P), so...

Nicely done - I liked the simple clean design. did you use a CMS?

yosilv
flu-less.com

Yes, I used Joomla!. Its a free CMS with a large community and tons of addons and extensions.

I LOVE joomla templates, most them are so clean and well organized.
Thanks. I like joomla too. I heard about other CMS, Grupal, that had very good reviews. I might give it a shot, when I had the time.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
It's a very well-designed website.

The only suggestion I have (if editing this is easy) is to shift over the advertisement tower on the right a little more to the right, as there's a bit of empty space left over to the right of the advertisements. That will allow you to have more content space.

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
Its working fine for me , Clean theme , you dont need to add anything , its perfect like this .

just one thing , in the bottom , the XHTML validator , you should check it ;)