Review My Website

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Review My Website For Easy Credits!

Review my website for some easy credits.
1 credit for one sentence review.
5 credits for 3 sentence review.
10 credits for 5 sentence review.
25 credits for a great review with ideas and suggestions on what I should add or could be edited to make it better.

Bonus: +5 credits if you sign up.
Bonus: +5 credits if you post once (needs to be good post).

Link to my website: http://soki.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
I like the portal page, was very "sexy". I wasn't expecting the ad though, it ruined the nice look. It's not really a website more of a forum. The template is very nice, dark templates and skins are naturally nice. Any suggestions? no, none, just advertise and get the word out that you have a awesome forum :)
Overall, nice skin/forum with a cool portal page, and everything blends in good too. Nice work Sokii.

sunils

Reaction score
Its good site. I loved the theme. But as mike said, you could have avoided the advertisement at the top in the first page. Other than it looks nice. About the forum, good theme, good icons.

I felt that the header in the forum page was a bit large. It covers 60% of the screen. You should not make it difficult for the members to search for the menus. and menus usually comes at the top or side.

I also liked the various categories that you have put.

Thats all for now........................ Let me review again after some time.....................

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I like the portal page, was very "sexy". I wasn't expecting the ad though, it ruined the nice look. It's not really a website more of a forum. The template is very nice, dark templates and skins are naturally nice. Any suggestions? no, none, just advertise and get the word out that you have a awesome forum :)
Overall, nice skin/forum with a cool portal page, and everything blends in good too. Nice work Sokii.

Its good site. I loved the theme. But as mike said, you could have avoided the advertisement at the top in the first page. Other than it looks nice. About the forum, good theme, good icons.

I felt that the header in the forum page was a bit large. It covers 60% of the screen. You should not make it difficult for the members to search for the menus. and menus usually comes at the top or side.

I also liked the various categories that you have put.

Thats all for now........................ Let me review again after some time.....................

Thanks, both of you. I am sending you both 25 credits for being the first ones to review and it was a pretty good review :]

FalseHope

Reaction score
Just wondering, is it 5 credits per post, or just for the first one you make?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering, is it 5 credits per post, or just for the first one you make?

I could give 5 credits for every post. ONLY if they are good posts and not crappy short ones.

sunils

Reaction score
A small suggestion,
You have a enter here link on your page. And there is a button like the one similar to the shutdown button in windows. You could have used that as the enter here link............

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
A small suggestion,
You have a enter here link on your page. And there is a button like the one similar to the shutdown button in windows. You could have used that as the enter here link............

Yeah, but not every is smart enough to click that. ;p That is why I put "ENTER HERE". It lets the "not so smart" users find it automatically and not have to find where the enter spot is.

Dutch

Reaction score
Your incredible looking forum is severely defaced by the "Take the stupid test" ad. Man I hate that ad. When I had a free site and saw that ad on my pages for the first time, I was P.O.'ed. I found it embarrassing to have my customers visit only to be asked how stupid they were. I yanked all the x10 ad codes because of that one extremely tacky ad!

Aside from the "ad", your forums look really nice, and interesting. I will be registering!

sunils

Reaction score
Hi what happed to enter here link. its so dull. did you change it.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Your incredible looking forum is severely defaced by the "Take the stupid test" ad. Man I hate that ad. When I had a free site and saw that ad on my pages for the first time, I was P.O.'ed. I found it embarrassing to have my customers visit only to be asked how stupid they were. I yanked all the x10 ad codes because of that one extremely tacky ad!

Aside from the "ad", your forums look really nice, and interesting. I will be registering!
Yeah, but if I want that huge amount of space and bandwidth I have to have it on. I don't find it annoying, because Firefox can block ads with the Adblock extension.

Hi what happed to enter here link. its so dull. did you change it.

I didn't edit anything with the portal page... xS

swirly

Reaction score
I love the dark theme. I'm not so sure about the "Enter Here" page. Its a great font but, I dont know...it seems kind of "old school" I guess. And I agree with those above, the ad did kind of ruin it. But I like the names you chose, like foundry and such, clever. I'm working on a game, I might come back and join. You definately caught my attention. ;)

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I love the dark theme. I'm not so sure about the "Enter Here" page. Its a great font but, I dont know...it seems kind of "old school" I guess. And I agree with those above, the ad did kind of ruin it. But I like the names you chose, like foundry and such, clever. I'm working on a game, I might come back and join. You definately caught my attention. ;)

Woot! Maybe I might choose the other option, but I am not sure, because what if I need more space and bandwidth later? I do have a lot of space and all, but I don't know...

Paid you 10 credits

Well, the ads are no longer an issue, seeing as I took them off! Woot! Well, actually I just downgraded to Advance xD

Last edited:

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
Okay, here goes! And if I don't like anything, don't be offended. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because it's just my opinion. I guess that's what you're looking for, though.

Anyhow, I didn't like the portal page. Portal pages are typically used to redirect people, and it seems kind of silly to enter the website, then have to go past a portal page to get to what you are looking for. On the other hand, if there was a login option on the portal page next to a "continue as guest" option, that would give it a good reason to be there. Or a description of the forums! Instead of poking around in the forums to figure out that the website is basically about web development and graphic design, you could put that in a description on the portal page. And you should probably explain what a "Pyloth" is, because it's not a very self explanatory kind of word.

Now, I admire the aesthetics of the forum. It's got teeth, and they are kind of pointy and offputting, and send kind of a negative message to the reader's subconscious. The colour scheme is quite nice, though. Staring at text on a white screen background is like staring straight into a light bulb. I'm more willing to linger longer on a website that uses a dark colour scheme, because my eyes don't get tired.

Tutorials are a great idea, and I think some people are going to come just to read these. Rather than have sections on the forums for tutorials, you should just have a separate section of the website devoted to that. (Home, Members, Search, Calendar, Tutorials, Help) Maybe people can work on their tutorials on the forums, like post them, have a little Q & A, edit it a bit, and when they are finished, you could publish the final product in the Tutorials section where it will live in immortality and be read by all. Stuff like that would be a huge draw to get more people to visit your site and ultimately sign up for the forums.

It's nice to have a general chat section of the forums, but you have way too many categories, and they're all for really weird generic stuff like "Autos" and "Shopping". It seems like general chat should only take up one little section because it's not supposed to be a huge part of the forum, then when it gets busy and people start having numerous things to talk about, you can split it off into little subtopics based on the things that get discussed most.

Sorry I wrote so much. I only meant to give a short critique. Anyhow, I hope it helps more than hinders.

- Jade

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, here goes! And if I don't like anything, don't be offended. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because it's just my opinion. I guess that's what you're looking for, though.

Anyhow, I didn't like the portal page. Portal pages are typically used to redirect people, and it seems kind of silly to enter the website, then have to go past a portal page to get to what you are looking for. On the other hand, if there was a login option on the portal page next to a "continue as guest" option, that would give it a good reason to be there. Or a description of the forums! Instead of poking around in the forums to figure out that the website is basically about web development and graphic design, you could put that in a description on the portal page. And you should probably explain what a "Pyloth" is, because it's not a very self explanatory kind of word.

Now, I admire the aesthetics of the forum. It's got teeth, and they are kind of pointy and offputting, and send kind of a negative message to the reader's subconscious. The colour scheme is quite nice, though. Staring at text on a white screen background is like staring straight into a light bulb. I'm more willing to linger longer on a website that uses a dark colour scheme, because my eyes don't get tired.

Tutorials are a great idea, and I think some people are going to come just to read these. Rather than have sections on the forums for tutorials, you should just have a separate section of the website devoted to that. (Home, Members, Search, Calendar, Tutorials, Help) Maybe people can work on their tutorials on the forums, like post them, have a little Q & A, edit it a bit, and when they are finished, you could publish the final product in the Tutorials section where it will live in immortality and be read by all. Stuff like that would be a huge draw to get more people to visit your site and ultimately sign up for the forums.

It's nice to have a general chat section of the forums, but you have way too many categories, and they're all for really weird generic stuff like "Autos" and "Shopping". It seems like general chat should only take up one little section because it's not supposed to be a huge part of the forum, then when it gets busy and people start having numerous things to talk about, you can split it off into little subtopics based on the things that get discussed most.

Sorry I wrote so much. I only meant to give a short critique. Anyhow, I hope it helps more than hinders.

- Jade

Wonderful xD Thank you for all those tips and everything! as for the categories I might want do delete some of those nonsense ones as stated above in the quote. As for the snake and "Pyloth" name, that is where it connects. The name "Pyloth" sounds like "Python" which is a snake. So, that is the main reason why I have a snake there and why the name is "Pyloth". It also sounds cool. :p The portal page is something I thought about, but what i have for now will do. Later I will do as you stated above in the quote. thank you for the review and I will send you 25 credits :] I would 50 , but its just a review. Thank you again for the very long and great review xD

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
Okay! Yeah, "Pyloth" did make me think of "Python" very briefly, which is a genus of snakes, as you mentioned, and not just a programming language. You should make it an acronym for something!

Thanks for the credits! I'm kind of new here, and it's the first time anyone has ever given me credits. I suppose I can give those credits to other people when it comes time to have my website reviewed. It's a good system.

Anyhow, good luck with your website, eh.