Review My Website

Mekryd

Reaction score
Interesting looking site. Looks nice, though it's slightly disheartening to see that it's a skin off of a skin website. The splash page is cool, if unnecessary.

The main things I have with the site is that the forum list is incredibly large. This won't do much more than dilute posting, and give your members a bigger hassle in checking up on their topics. It would probably be beneficial for you to consolidate some forums into others, or drop some completely, and possibly find a main draw or focus for your site. A good way to turn off potential members is to have forums lying around with no or next to no posts.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting looking site. Looks nice, though it's slightly disheartening to see that it's a skin off of a skin website. The splash page is cool, if unnecessary.

The main things I have with the site is that the forum list is incredibly large. This won't do much more than dilute posting, and give your members a bigger hassle in checking up on their topics. It would probably be beneficial for you to consolidate some forums into others, or drop some completely, and possibly find a main draw or focus for your site. A good way to turn off potential members is to have forums lying around with no or next to no posts.
+25 credits
Thank you for your review. I know this has been said many times already. So, I have decided to make the list shorter and possibly add some sort of service I can offer my members.

like2program

Reaction score
I like the overall look of the forums and graphics, but it took almost 30 seconds to load all of the images. Might I suggest making their size a wee bit smaller? The take the stupid test kinda turned me off for registering even though it would have gotten me +5 points. You might want to take it out.

sananzeas

Reaction score
cool site man...........I loved the theme ..........black and blue........It looked nice.......

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I like the overall look of the forums and graphics, but it took almost 30 seconds to load all of the images. Might I suggest making their size a wee bit smaller? The take the stupid test kinda turned me off for registering even though it would have gotten me +5 points. You might want to take it out.
+10 credits
I understand what you mean and thank you.
cool site man...........I loved the theme ..........black and blue........It looked nice.......
+5 credits
Thank you. xD

Last edited:

delon

Banned
Reaction score
The enter the page is quite good looking, the text ad should be off a different color, the homepage is quite cool.
It's not really a website more of a forum. The template is very nice, dark templates and skins are naturally nice. Any suggestions? no, none, just advertise and get the word out that you have a awesome forum
Overall, nice skin/forum with a cool portal page, and everything blends in good too. Nice work Sokii.

By the way i joined your forums : my user id : delon

jaco_don

Reaction score
Good Website, very user friendly i think you kept in mind "Forum for Dummies" excellent skin has really good look and feel,i really think having a domain name would help you promote it well, sorry haven't registered as i may not able to contribute to it regularly

Keep hosting

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
The enter the page is quite good looking, the text ad should be off a different color, the homepage is quite cool.
It's not really a website more of a forum. The template is very nice, dark templates and skins are naturally nice. Any suggestions? no, none, just advertise and get the word out that you have a awesome forum
Overall, nice skin/forum with a cool portal page, and everything blends in good too. Nice work Sokii.

By the way i joined your forums : my user id : delon
+25 credits
Thank you very much, I am looking for people to help me as well.

Good Website, very user friendly i think you kept in mind "Forum for Dummies" excellent skin has really good look and feel,i really think having a domain name would help you promote it well, sorry haven't registered as i may not able to contribute to it regularly

Keep hosting
+10 credits
Thank you very much.

2K8 Group

Reaction score
9/10

I think that the colors work well. The blue and black go very well, the on/off buttons look great! I really like them. I see you are using IPB, they do some great money systems and prehaps you should look into that to encourage people to post more. Just a suggestion. Alos when I was reading someones post I noticed that group icon isnt showing. You need to look into that to get it fixed. Apart from that I was really impressed by it!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
9/10

I think that the colors work well. The blue and black go very well, the on/off buttons look great! I really like them. I see you are using IPB, they do some great money systems and prehaps you should look into that to encourage people to post more. Just a suggestion. Alos when I was reading someones post I noticed that group icon isnt showing. You need to look into that to get it fixed. Apart from that I was really impressed by it!
+25 credits
Thank you for your comment. As for the icon, which group are you talking about?

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score

Yes I agree!!

There is only one small problem you can fix that can EASE the use of the visitors and members;

Instead of having all these Topics Such as "Games" "Anime" "Sports"

We should conduct all of them into one Topic... "Lobby" and then add all the sub topics in there for us to talk about
so we don't have to scroll all the way down to find something. I think that that would help load the page faster (the main one) and
should resolve the conflict.

I'm not saying that more topics are bad, I'm just saying that we should organize it more; as a former forum hoster, I know it is hard
to configure all of them back into 1 topic so This might take a little time to do.

That is the only ease problem that I see possible; and I congratulate you for all of the things you have done!

I shall post this in your forums;

Thank you for listening

Great Job!!

ShadowmasterX

PS: HOLY PEE! haha Dude I love the freeking templete; it is awesome

Last edited:

andy239

Reaction score
I signed up man that site is awsome it kick a$$ i like it i will be using it very well put to gather and nicly done i would suggest it

oliveoil

Reaction score
i think its nice, especially the banner, did u make it or was it a render?

D

Dylan,,

I love the enter page.

I do have some suggestions for the forum. (Category wise)

Regular = Forums inside the category

---------- = Starting a new category

-> = Subform for above forum

Pyloth
News and Updates
Introductions and Farewells
Ideas / Suggestions
----------
Pyloth Community
General Chit Chat
Debate
Entertainment
-> Music -> Movies -> Games
Spam
----------
Graphics Center
Tutorials
Help Center
Show off
----------
Coding Paradise
Tutorials
Help Center
Show Off
-> VB6 -> VB.NET -> HTML -> PHP (etc, etc. You get the point)
----------

(You can mess around and add more stuff but you get the idea.

I think this list is a bit more organized and is better named then the ones on your forum atm.

Dylan

PS: If you need any more ideas, contact me.

chappill

Reaction score
Took 4 seconds to load which is 2 off my give up stage but hell that was well worth it... Your site is pure amazing, the portal page graphics are amazing and the colours contrast each other. Then once you click the nice font of the Enter Here the site keeps the same layout and amazing graphics as it leads to the forum, which is fairly big and looks like there's alot to post in. I think you've done an amazing job at putting that together and that is one good skin. I hope you get loads of well deserved visitors! Also I signed up under the name Chappill, but I'm not posting it was only so I could browse around more. Bahh what the hell, I posted my HTML tutorial.

Last edited:

modlovecat

Reaction score
I think the design is very very awesome looking!
The only suggestion I really can think of is that it doesn't really make it very clear what its purpose is. I noticed on the banner in you forum post here it says "the #1 web development forum" but on the site it wasn't really noticable, so I took a few seconds to look around and really only thought "whats the purpose of this forum"

And I LOVE the Logo Generator, I just wish it had more options. Like, say I want the green title, but I also want the horizontal reflection, ya know?

Also, theres a section about points that says "Check out what you can do with your points, rankings, etc." but you ant see it without logging in. I think it would encourage people to JOIN if they knew what sweet benefits you could get by participating. People like motivation.

Anyways, its really great. I think Ill even join after I have people review MY site! (So I can advertise it on YOUR site, and participate, get help, and make sure my site is worth showing)

Enjoy!

Whats the purpose of credits, by the way?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Well, first of all. I didn't get a notice this thread had new replies. :/ So, sorry about the late reply on all of yours and the late X10credits sending. I will send as soon as I finsih this post. I will also give each of you 50 credits for the late reply. Your Welcome.
Yes I agree!!

There is only one small problem you can fix that can EASE the use of the visitors and members;

Instead of having all these Topics Such as "Games" "Anime" "Sports"

We should conduct all of them into one Topic... "Lobby" and then add all the sub topics in there for us to talk about
so we don't have to scroll all the way down to find something. I think that that would help load the page faster (the main one) and
should resolve the conflict.

I'm not saying that more topics are bad, I'm just saying that we should organize it more; as a former forum hoster, I know it is hard
to configure all of them back into 1 topic so This might take a little time to do.

That is the only ease problem that I see possible; and I congratulate you for all of the things you have done!

I shall post this in your forums;

Thank you for listening

Great Job!!

ShadowmasterX

PS: HOLY PEE! haha Dude I love the freeking templete; it is awesome
+50 Credits
Well, I love the suggestion and well I could use someone like you to join as staff member. I didn't see your posts on my forum till 3 days after you posted. I have been very busy with school & finding updates I can add to the forum. Well, I'll PM you here to give info.
I signed up man that site is awsome it kick a$$ i like it i will be using it very well put to gather and nicly done i would suggest it
+50credits
Thanks...lol. Well, I'll PM you to come chat.

i think its nice, especially the banner, did u make it or was it a render?
+50credits
Well, I did edit it to look better than the original.

I love the enter page.

I do have some suggestions for the forum. (Category wise)

Regular = Forums inside the category

---------- = Starting a new category

-> = Subform for above forum

Pyloth
News and Updates
Introductions and Farewells
Ideas / Suggestions
----------
Pyloth Community
General Chit Chat
Debate
Entertainment
-> Music -> Movies -> Games
Spam
----------
Graphics Center
Tutorials
Help Center
Show off
----------
Coding Paradise
Tutorials
Help Center
Show Off
-> VB6 -> VB.NET -> HTML -> PHP (etc, etc. You get the point)
----------

(You can mess around and add more stuff but you get the idea.

I think this list is a bit more organized and is better named then the ones on your forum atm.

Dylan

PS: If you need any more ideas, contact me.
+50 credits
Well, I love exact detail shown & like your idea which has been told to me many times and now figuring ways to solve the problem. I could use someone like you to help me start my forum off with a great start. I'll PM you here to give info.

Yes, Dylan's format is what i was thinking
I like how you seem to be interested in the forum.

I think the design is very very awesome looking!
The only suggestion I really can think of is that it doesn't really make it very clear what its purpose is. I noticed on the banner in you forum post here it says "the #1 web development forum" but on the site it wasn't really noticable, so I took a few seconds to look around and really only thought "whats the purpose of this forum"

And I LOVE the Logo Generator, I just wish it had more options. Like, say I want the green title, but I also want the horizontal reflection, ya know?

Also, theres a section about points that says "Check out what you can do with your points, rankings, etc." but you cant see it without logging in. I think it would encourage people to JOIN if they knew what sweet benefits you could get by participating. People like motivation.

Anyways, its really great. I think Ill even join after I have people review MY site! (So I can advertise it on YOUR site, and participate, get help, and make sure my site is worth showing)

Enjoy!

Whats the purpose of credits, by the way?
+50credits
Well, thanks very much. I think we can work on something that can benefit us both. :] I'll PM you as well & thanks for the suggestion again.
not a fan of the text. other wise, i like it.
+5 credits
Thank You for the small review. hehe

Last edited:

buhlool

Reaction score
Overall, a very nice design. Just a few suggestions:

- I'm not really fond of 'enter here' pages. I think a visitor should get to see most of what your website offers as soon as they land on your homepage. Instead, create a homepage that describes your website and links to different parts of the forum. Or, you can add one of those IPB mods that posts the latest data (i.e. latest topics, posts, stats, etc) on your homepage.

-What I am fond of is reading wise words! I really like the quotation box beneath the banner (does it change everytime you re-load the page? didn't do it for me.) Make it stand out. Create a border around it or change the background color slightly, etc..

-The logo! Make it stand out! The word 'pyloth' is so small compared to the header. No need to explain how important a logo is, eh?

-The empty space around the "power" button (lol) doesn't do much. Add small things on both sides.

-Too many sub-forums for such a new website. Most of them are empty. Let's see..Web development, Domain name and Web hosting could be merged into one forum (Web development). Funny junk, forum games and bored could all go into a "Lounge" or something..