Review Site- True Stockhouse

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was wondering if it were possible to review a site I created when I first opened the company.

I would love criticism as to whether it is appealing to the eye/does it look well made?

I would love to know whether anyone can tell me if there are any other issues something that isn't easily noticeable.

Any more tips/ideas would be welcome. I want to make it as professional as possible...as I believe it is time to change it if there are issues.

If anyone has ideas as to how I can better capture trading leads, how I can optimize SEO for things like "LNG Supplier" or "Coal supply" etc... feel free to tell me, I would very much appreciate it.

Bit of info: I run a import/export business, trading commodities etc.
The site is here.

Thank you.
From John Klyne

ajstetson17

Reaction score
I actually really like the site. I think it is designed very well. I do have a few minor suggestions though.
First, when you are at the top of any page, there is a plus sign in the top right corner. When you click it, it opens up a sliding bar on top. However, this bar still has the default text from the WordPress theme you are using, so I would suggest either customizing the text or disabling the bar altogether.
Also, on the homepage, there is the animated header photo with the button "See What We Offer." However, the button just links back to the homepage, making it kind of pointless. I would suggest linking the button to the services page instead.
Finally, there are lots of social media buttons scattered around the website, such as near the bottom of the homepage, in the footer, and in the sidebar of the contact page. I am assuming these buttons also were included in the theme because they don't link to anything. I think that if you are not going to link any social media accounts to these buttons, they should be removed.
Other than those minor things, I think the website looks great.

LaVee

Reaction score
I agree with everything the above poster said, which still haven't been fixed. I think the design is beautiful overall and has lots of graphics to catch the eye. It is responsive which I like to see but the header gets really small around the 632 x 585 range, it looks strange because it's bigger on the other sizes. I don't know if it's just me or not but the colors near the top are a bit too white for my liking, maybe go for a softer white that isn't blaring to the eye. :)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I actually really like the site. I think it is designed very well. I do have a few minor suggestions though.
First, when you are at the top of any page, there is a plus sign in the top right corner. When you click it, it opens up a sliding bar on top. However, this bar still has the default text from the WordPress theme you are using, so I would suggest either customizing the text or disabling the bar altogether.
Also, on the homepage, there is the animated header photo with the button "See What We Offer." However, the button just links back to the homepage, making it kind of pointless. I would suggest linking the button to the services page instead.
Finally, there are lots of social media buttons scattered around the website, such as near the bottom of the homepage, in the footer, and in the sidebar of the contact page. I am assuming these buttons also were included in the theme because they don't link to anything. I think that if you are not going to link any social media accounts to these buttons, they should be removed.
Other than those minor things, I think the website looks great.
Oh I didn't even notice the plus sign there :/ And you are right, I should remove some of those hoverable items if they dont lead anywhere.

Thanks champ.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with everything the above poster said, which still haven't been fixed. I think the design is beautiful overall and has lots of graphics to catch the eye. It is responsive which I like to see but the header gets really small around the 632 x 585 range, it looks strange because it's bigger on the other sizes. I don't know if it's just me or not but the colors near the top are a bit too white for my liking, maybe go for a softer white that isn't blaring to the eye. :)
Will take into consideration the color, I think white is standard for many sites of my type, but I'll see. As for the size, I'll test that out and see if there is a difference. Thanks on informing me it might be off somewhat.

theteamk

Reaction score
I was wondering if it were possible to review a site I created when I first opened the company.

I would love criticism as to whether it is appealing to the eye/does it look well made?

I would love to know whether anyone can tell me if there are any other issues something that isn't easily noticeable.

Any more tips/ideas would be welcome. I want to make it as professional as possible...as I believe it is time to change it if there are issues.

If anyone has ideas as to how I can better capture trading leads, how I can optimize SEO for things like "LNG Supplier" or "Coal supply" etc... feel free to tell me, I would very much appreciate it.

Bit of info: I run a import/export business, trading commodities etc.
The site is here.

Thank you.
From John Klyne

Your site is not ranked by Alexa: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/truestockhouse.com

I think you need to invest in advertising your site.

I will touch upon the things that have not been covered in the first two reviews. I could not find a meta description on your site. Additionally, your site lacks the important keywords that are used be search engines. Your SEO, apart from all this, is great. The problem is your website has not been indexed by search engines. Although, when I searched "site:truestockhouse.com" on Google, I found many results, but I could bot find your site indexed by Bing. Try and submit your site manualy to the other search engines. At the same time, advertising about your venture eould be a great idea too. All the best!

phclausx

Reaction score
I guess I am a dinosaur, but it would seem nobody cares about valid sources any more? Whichever sites I take a look at, the first thing is to throw 'em at the validator, and -- off course -- this site is no exception from utterly failing to validate. The only link I tried was the most prominent one about see what we... Err, is that supposed to be funny? Hitting the thing does nothing except causing a full reload of the same page. Do what?

A thought on the above advertising opera: Personally I consider it a complete waste of money. I don't even submit any sites any more. The spiders come all by themselves. Just be patient and give it some time. The last project I monitored on Bing and DDG just recently, hardly took three days to show in the results -- without doing anything else but to add a proper sitemap.xml to the site's root.

meta keywords and meta description are both obsolete and pretty much ignored by the bots. In fact, they are likely to earn your site a penalisation! If you must have them, use with care and no more then three or four keywords; which better have an immideate relation to the page's content. YMMV