Review Smart Mac V2

Jordan C

Reaction score
Hi. I've been working a bit on my forum, Smart Mac, I redid all the boards recently, and also added a new RSS Bot thingy that posts every-time a RSS updates.

So, my URL is http://www.smartmaconline.com

Can you tell me what you think of the boards, and the bot, and anything else like that.

Feel free to register if you want, we need members.

tittat

Reaction score
I think this is the second time that i am reviewing your site.Instead of that pink logo, try a different color,the word "smart" is not clearly visible.
Good Luck :)

Jordan C

Reaction score
Yeah. I tried changing is yesterday, but I failed. I'm working on the background image at the moment.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's nice! It would be cool if the buttons had worked, like minimize, maxmiase and restore :D

Scott B

Reaction score

Looking at the home page design, it is very nice. The only things I noticed were that it took a while to load (but what can I say, I have dial-up :p) and as tittat said "Smart" in the logo was not clearly visible. I would suggest, maybe, to put a faint black outline around it?

Good luck ;)

KSclans

Reaction score
I think the pink and purple don't really match the grass green thingy, one is space and one is grass... I think having 2 similar color and similar thing would be better like pink-purple with red-orange

It really nice how it look like mac, but i have wide screen and the forums are wide and the "windows" are wide also, maybe set a width instead of % would be better?..

I notice that in each "window" it have forums topic post last post

and the width of those changed when there no last post...

edu2004eu

Reaction score
I like the site... especially the Mac-like minimize, maximize and close buttons :) nice template.

byite

Reaction score
I like your sites styling, I think that it's very sleek just like OS X - the only critical things I can say really are whats been said before - change the pink/purple top as it makes it difficult to read "smart" and personally I would change the grass background to something more neutral like maybe a pale blue gradient or pattern.

sunils

Reaction score
Everything is nice and fine except the pink header. In my opinion that doesnt look nice in such a site.

Dan

Reaction score
9/10
I like it, it is brilliant.
As other people have said, the mac like buttons look good and the whole thing does look like a mac related forum. If I owned a mac, then I'd be a member.

3 things I don't like though:
1) Green leafy background. - Get rid of that replace it with plain white or grey or something.
2) Actual forums too far down the page. Make the x10 ad smaller and put the x10exchange ad maybe up in the header on the right hand side.
3) Like everyone else, you can't see the name of the site properly. When I first came on, my eyes were drawn to the advert and I thought that was the site title.