Rise Of The Eclipse Arcade

botbg

Reaction score
So I have been working on my arcade site for a long time and I don't have any more ideas on what to improve and what to add or take-out.

Arcade is located at: http://riseoftheeclipse.co.cc

Its not one of those arcade sites that try to get money from ads, infact I don't even have any ads except for some of the game developers added ads into their games so I can't control that...

If you have any suggestions or reviews for it please let me know.

Even if you have a game you want to add (Must be a Flash .swf)

Looking forward to some reviews, Thanks!

tittat

Reaction score
It looks nice.I love the way how you lists the games in your home page.But i think you can go for broadening your Game categories.Instead of just a link add an image too at "Newest Games" and "Popular Games".
There is a quite a lot of blank space at the bottom of yous site.Try to fill it with some useful stuff.

Me too have one gaming site, but not as much appealing as yours.
Good Luck :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The design base is good but it needs some adjustments. Instead of describing it or pointing to some other sites I think that the most constructive way of suggest something is to make it myself. So here.

1) I don't like your logo. It's just a text and black background doesn't look good. So I made you a new one.

JPG with background
logo.jpg

or transparent PNG
logo.png

There are some problems with transparent PNGs in IE6 so if you need some help with that I suggest you visit this site http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/ . It's great and really easy to implement (you only have to add one line of code to your main css and that's it).

2)Navigation menu - I can't read white text on lime background and I don't like the way you used gray gradient below it. So here's my suggestion.

manu.png

That's my firs impression. Note that I only reviewed the design because games are grate.

NOTE!
Don't get me wrong I don't want to tell you what to do with your site. I just posted some suggestions that you may consider useful or not. I don't think that my suggestions are perfect and that I'm the best designer in the world. I'm just trying to help whit something i know from my own experience.

Donate some credits or just click the +REP button if you find this review useful :biggrin:

botbg

Reaction score
The design base is good but it needs some adjustments. Instead of describing it or pointing to some other sites I think that the most constructive way of suggest something is to make it myself. So here.

1) I don't like your logo. It's just a text and black background doesn't look good. So I made you a new one.

JPG with background
logo.jpg

or transparent PNG
logo.png

There are some problems with transparent PNGs in IE6 so if you need some help with that I suggest you visit this site http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/ . It's great and really easy to implement (you only have to add one line of code to your main css and that's it).

2)Navigation menu - I can't read white text on lime background and I don't like the way you used gray gradient below it. So here's my suggestion.

manu.png

That's my firs impression. Note that I only reviewed the design because games are grate.

NOTE!
Don't get me wrong I don't want to tell you what to do with your site. I just posted some suggestions that you may consider useful or not. I don't think that my suggestions are perfect and that I'm the best designer in the world. I'm just trying to help whit something i know from my own experience.

Donate some credits or just click the +REP button if you find this review useful :biggrin:

Ok thanks for the review, can I use those banners you made?

I'll gladly donate some credits and Rep+

I am going to fix the white text on the lime background.

Thanks for everyone's reviews!

Does anyone else have any ideas or want to provide a review?

aphan

Reaction score
I like the design; however, i think there are too many colors, u should limit it. Also, I think that the logo u have now, u can just use html and write the words out b/c the black background is distracting

freecrm

Reaction score
I agree with leviathons comments and your improvements do look better.

However, there are some things that just gel with me:

TBH, I would use the banner background colour (light blue) as your page bgcolour - the graded dark blue doesn't contrast well with the other elements and it would hang together better.

Your corner <divs> on the main container are pointed - so destroying the effect you are trying to get with rounding - the use of the same bg colour will get rid of this.

Don't know if this is an IE6 bug, but the css for the listing containers doesn't work when you get a wrap that extends further than the image - it looks like just one image that is being duplicated rather than stretched. - Again - maybe use the light blue for background colour.

In addition, the content in your right column has been pushed all the way to the bottom of the main content, rather than being level with it.

Very promising start!