Riview my site

animewatch

Reaction score
Hi i am lloking for someone to riview my website and rate it out of 10
Also please point out anything that i should fix if you can, i am open to any constructive criticism

heres the link www.anime101.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

tektrnica

Reaction score
looks like a very basic wordpress theme, if i was your, id get rid of the "border" around the title banner, if it is a border :\ lol

Submariner

Reaction score
Why not have your links to the Anime open in a new window. That way your site's window will still be on the end user's screen when they finsish viewing the video you redirected them to. They would not need to use the back button and can continue on links from the redirected page without having to relocate you pages.

James

Sohail

Reaction score
First of all, there is no colour on the page at all, you can make some nice black and white sites but since one doesn't seem to be doing much. You don't have much content apart from the news box on the right, the youtube player and the comments box, the comments box does look good in blank and white but still, it's missing something. Perhaps you should use CSS to design your site, it would help things load faster and it always looks great too. Another thing i would suggest you change is your logo, it's just white text to me; you should have some nice logo that stands out and is made of vector images as all the professional companies do that in order to resize their logo without quality loss.

Hope this helps.

kkenny

Reaction score
Sort of bland to me, and I really don't like "wide/fluid" layouts. It also has lack of color, which isn't a bad thing when used correctly, but this isn't just one of them. The text use is pretty good though, and the border use is better than average, so I guess it isn't all that bad.

7/10

animewatch

Reaction score
Thanks guys Im trying to add new content already, as for colors i really dont know how to deal with that yet
Edit:
Why not have your links to the Anime open in a new window. That way your site's window will still be on the end user's screen when they finsish viewing the video you redirected them to. They would not need to use the back button and can continue on links from the redirected page without having to relocate you pages.

James

Im not sure i thought it might get annoying, to have too many windows open, but if some one else will agree with you then i think i might do it, so does anyoen agree

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Yep, opening new windows is really annouying, if the user wants to keep the current page then they can use right click. You definitely also need some more colour in the website.

Also when you are changing your website, keep in mind the number of errors which you page has.
75 html errors.
7 css errors.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Agree with the previous comments while the black on white is a small twist, the lack of colour is quite irritating to the eye. maybe rounding the corners of the transistions, you seem to have taken care of the issue about opening a new page, but the site just doesnt seem to "flow". I know i talk about it alot in my site reviews but it's one thing i find important. My own site doesnt have much but im working on it. Also as a warning. I know your not hosting the anime and they are fansubs, just be careful. The ToS is clear on illegal material / copyright material and fansubs are unliscenced.

animewatch

Reaction score
I read on many sites that you can embed videos from other sourses and they are still responsible, because they are hosting the video, all you are doing is playing it. Thats y many anime sites state that youtube veho etc are completely responsible. and even the images i use are hosted on someon else site.

I have serious question now that you brought this up... Is it legal http stream a video that is hosting on someone elses site without telling them?

And one other question, what colors do you tink i should add....red yellow purple blue etc?

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Nice... But a little too much text, and not enough graphics...

But its an all right site! (I suggest you add graphics)

3/5

delon

Banned
Reaction score
If i was a normal person i would have simply clicked on the close button.

animewatch

Reaction score
Ouch, thay was a little rude... well anyways what kinda grpahiscs are u suggesting?

catz154

Reaction score
Ouch, thay was a little rude... well anyways what kinda grpahiscs are u suggesting?

Well on the graphics, how about something that goes with your theme, like anime. Also on your website name, take it out of italics and make it a little different than the rest of your page. But it is good, I give you a 8/10.

Check out my site and give me feed back www.pmab.exofire.net

animewatch

Reaction score
Oh so is your site a personal, because thats what it look like, y dont you add some extra info like prices and rareity of certain cats, people love a table with easy to read stats. You could also do a little research and add more tips.

anirtak143

Reaction score
professional looking, but why co.nr? use co.cc instead...
and the clock thing, replace it with something less "advertising" ...
ad free, isnt it? great. ^^

for me, the color is fine.. i love dark things..

anirtak143

Reaction score
at animewatch, i think it is legal because youtube's video player has a share link on it, therefore, they allow "redistributions" ... ^^ if they did not allow us to do that, then why would they put a "share/embed" link? ^^ just an opinion..

animewatch

Reaction score
lol, i am glad you liek it , please though tell me if the changes i amde are good