RuneScape.

Parsa44

Reaction score
Yes citizens of x10hosting, I play RuneScape and i am not afraid to announce it publicly!

Many people hate RuneScape for some reason or another, I really don't understand how you can have a dislike for a game. I would like to see your opinions on RuneScape.

In my opinion its just another game, cheap and lots of players. For these reasons it makes it a nice target for my web building and video making hobbies.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, don't worry about announcing that you play Runescape. I don't pick on people for it as I have a friend who plays it. Many people bash it because the game is boring to get into, and then gets fun after you've spent a day in it and your character gets level ups.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, don't worry about announcing that you play Runescape. I don't pick on people for it as I have a friend who plays it. Many people bash it because the game is boring to get into, and then gets fun after you've spent a day in it and your character gets level ups.
Agreed.
It has gone through ALOT of development since I first played their first version (many years ago). Look spretty cool now, but a bit childish. You could never get bored at later levels as there is just so much you could possibly do and/or need to do to progress. But nah not for me anymore. xP

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't hate the game but I do laugh at the people who think it's better than games like World of Warcraft.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I used to play RuneScape. I actually just quit about a week ago. I don't really get any pleasure out of playing it anymore. All of the updates Jagex has made ruined the game. I'm not talking about trade limits, wilderness, and stake limits. I'm talking about general updates that I didn't like like Summoning, God Swords, and RuneScape HD. Let's take a look at each:

Summoning

Threw off the entire combat system. Your combat level now changes between free and members-only worlds. This is annoying.

God Swords

They're just too freaking powerful!

RuneScape HD

Oh so glitchy. How is my cape see-through in some parts? I don't know. Why can I see a goblin through a wall? I don't know!

flamer619

Reaction score
Well I really Dislike RuneScape. Its Pretty boring and im more of a fps person

cybot99

Reaction score
A fair few of my friends play RuneScape like there's no tomorow. I myself do enjoy killing a Zombies here and there, but I have found it to get rather boring.

Sure, spending weeks on end leveling to get a Skill cape can be fun for some people, but there are better things to be doing (Like building a web page!).

I do enjoy the quests, but being a non-member, once they are all complete, you're left high and dry.

There are better RPG games out there (both online and off) - take Oblivion for example - but RuneScape can still be an interesting way to pass the time - especially when you go over your monthly download limit. ;-)

linglingzero

Reaction score
I loved RuneScape when I first started to play it. I played it for years back before it got it's first graphics overhaul (known as Runescape2). I played it very slowly though, so I only got to about 83 or 84 combat level...now days I don't play it due to it being ruined thanks to the trade limiting, destroying the wilderness, and no more holiday drops. I am pleased to have what I have in it though, as having each old rare holiday item (besides party hats) to me was an accomplishment.

Otherwise, it's a nice game, in-depth quests, and as cybot99 says, an interesting way to pass the time. :)

Parsa44

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments,

I seriously disagree with people who say the new skill and god swords ruin the game, if you dont like god swords dont use one! You cant cry over the fact that other people have stronger weaponds than you its how a game works!

Also whats wrong with your combat level changing? Dont like summoning dont train it up. I dont see the point in complaining about something that you really do not have any obligation of doing.

Mafuzzer

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments,

I seriously disagree with people who say the new skill and god swords ruin the game, if you dont like god swords dont use one! You cant cry over the fact that other people have stronger weaponds than you its how a game works!

Also whats wrong with your combat level changing? Dont like summoning dont train it up. I dont see the point in complaining about something that you really do not have any obligation of doing.

As people say, it's an interesting way to pass time but it is true in saying that Summoning ruined the game.

Technicolour

Reaction score
Jagex hasn't done much to make me ever want to play this again. A mate of mine plays it all the time but all the feedback I get of it from him makes me never want to step anywhere near it again.

jrobert755

Reaction score
i have a members account and i play when im bored. the only problem is, i can only play it for a couple of minutes, then im bored again! the repetition in the game is crazy, and level grinding isn't that much fun. then you have all the people that are offensive or you cant understand unless you have studied leet and acronyms intensly. but if you have a friend to play with, or a really nice clan, then it can be enjoyable (another reason i dont play is i lost the entertainment when the law running clan i was in broke up)

jdsbax

Reaction score
my kids play it on their computer but their computer doesn't run it very good so its kind of a drag for them.

Looks like it would be cool though.

skai123

Reaction score
I dont like Runescape because:
1) i dont like the art style/graphics...
2) didnt get into it much
3) there are far better free mmorpg's out there (but not webbase)
4) repetitive
5) overall it's "generic"

that's all i can remember about it (4-5[?] years since i first/last played it)... don't remmeber much of it..

scottnj

Reaction score
i have a members account and i play when im bored. the only problem is, i can only play it for a couple of minutes, then im bored again! the repetition in the game is crazy, and level grinding isn't that much fun. then you have all the people that are offensive or you cant understand unless you have studied leet and acronyms intensly. but if you have a friend to play with, or a really nice clan, then it can be enjoyable (another reason i dont play is i lost the entertainment when the law running clan i was in broke up)

I used to be a member, but then it does get boring. When I stopped paying for membership, I had absolutly nothing to do but mine, smith, and fight. And that is so incredible repetitive(enough so that making bots for it is soooo easy.) and boring. I would much rather spend my time making/moderating a website.

Parsa44

Reaction score
Jagex hasn't done much to make me ever want to play this again. A mate of mine plays it all the time but all the feedback I get of it from him makes me never want to step anywhere near it again.

RuneScape players seem to be so sensative to change, one of the developers said
"We would be quite dissapointed if we changed something and there wasn't a outcry on the forums"

Technicolour they have actually done quite a lot:

Summoning
3 New minigames
Graphics Update
Clan Chats
Interface update
Lootshare
CoineShare
Dragon Platebody
Super hard quest
GwD
LOADS of new strong items
PVP bounty hunter
PVP anywhere in runescape
Grand Exchange

the list goes on.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I play RuneScape every here or there when I am bored :).

themcman1

Reaction score
I used to be a member, but then it does get boring. When I stopped paying for membership, I had absolutly nothing to do but mine, smith, and fight. And that is so incredible repetitive(enough so that making bots for it is soooo easy.) and boring. I would much rather spend my time making/moderating a website.

Exactly what he said but I was never a subscriber.

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
Brandon i really think we should ressurect the Runescape private server, even though at that time i wasnt at x10hosting it seems like you guys where having lots of fun making it.