Seriously Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

durbanvi

Reaction score
I know this is the second post I have made but no one helped.

My Problem:

I have hosting here, and my domain is through godaddy. I have talked over the phone with the godaddy rep to set up the nameservers on that end so that is not the problem. You can see because visiting www.durbanvisuals.com points to an x10hosting site. It doesnt show the site I have it pointing too. Even more when I visit my x10 subdomain www.durbanvisuals.x10.mx it doesnt load up either. I can still login to cpanel someone please walk me though fixing this.

Thanks

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Domain Name: DURBANVISUALS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Are you absolutely sure that GoDaddy has actually changed the Name Servers, and not just an internal record for the domain? The domain itself is still showing that it's not using ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, which leads me to think GoDaddy isn't fully changing the nameservers. I did check this through their own internal whois search as well, and it shows the same name servers. At a guess, they may be changing the A record or a similar internal record, but with it using their nameservers it'll continue to show the same error as before. If they are, this would result in it showing the generic x10 page, as while it is pointed to our servers, our server has no record for the domain so it doesn't know whose site to actually display.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Their nameservers point to level.x10hosting.com, where your account is located.

Have you added it as a parked or add-on domain through cPanel?

EDIT/ADD: Just noticed that ns1.x10hosting.com does not have A records for your main domain durbanvisuals.x10.mx.

Last edited:

durbanvi

Reaction score
I believe my zone files got really messed up. Would anyone mind telling me what the default zone files are?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe my zone files got really messed up. Would anyone mind telling me what the default zone files are?

Assuming this is on your x10 account, I believe there is an option to "Reset Zone File" in the "Advanced DNS Zones Editor". If you do this, it should reset your zones to it's original setting. I recommend you do this, since currently your zone listing is empty.

Have you added it as a parked or add-on domain through cPanel?
@Descalzo: I don't think it will work before the nameservers are set correctly, since I believe cPanel actually checks the domain for the x10 nameservers before it permits the domain to be created.

Last edited:

durbanvi

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I have rest the zone files added the parked domain and reset nameservers on godaddy. Lets hope this works...Is there anything else I am missing?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Both URLs are showing your site for me now.

durbanvi

Reaction score
I have now checked on 3 different computers on 3 different networks and 3 different isp's I still see "this site is waiting to be built"....I have a full wordpress site on there why isnt it showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.