Server Down :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'm gonna pwn the noobs and terminate their accounts that keep using tons of resources. >:0

Also, SSH is timing out and won't let me connect.. So err, yea. :-(

B

Brandon

I do agree with civilr looping php scripts that open connections to MySql. We should limit mysql to members who have been active on the forums.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Ehh you guys I don't know what is up. Nothing is responding for me. Corey being on right now would be nice.. :-/ :'(

I'm taking the next step to fix this.. Hopefully it will be done shortly.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
DesertWar said:
I do agree with civilr looping php scripts that open connections to MySql. We should limit mysql to members who have been active on the forums.

Agreed SQL should be limited to people over 50 - 100 meaninful, legitimate posts.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Or we could start it with "set-variable=max_connections=1000" or something simliar.. That would limit the amount of connections allowed at any time.

Jordan K

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
Or a nice limit on connects like 10 per user.

Say bye-bye to forums. lol. :p

*Edit: or atleast forums with more than 10 people.

Last edited:

Shade

Reaction score
So is this not defined by how many databases but how many connections to mysql?

Jordan K

Reaction score
It's most likely people that have malaciously written PHP scripts that continuously loop to connect to the database (who knows what they do, maybe retrive info, create info, send info) but this would most likely happen over and over again. It could as simple as creating tables dynamically and adding **** loads of info but in the end they're being losers that lag down the server to the point where you can't even access it.

crana

Reaction score
FTP is up :S:S:S:S:S:S

Its back

Last edited:

Woolie

Reaction score
crana said:

Its back

You know, it's bad enough having loads of people saying its down. Don't spam the thread by saying it's up!!!

crana

Reaction score
Admin_Woolie said:
crana said:

Its back

You know, it's bad enough having loads of people saying its down. Don't spam the thread by saying it's up!!!
Sorry i'll stop saying it. :|

kouhi

Reaction score
Http is working to a certain extent, .htm files will work but phpbb forums and phpbb based ones wont load. The server seems slower than before the wipe, could it be a DOS attack?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It's not a DoS.. Somethign is just causing a high load on the server which is causing HTTP and MySQL to be stupid.

They are both running, but there is a high load.. So things are slow. I'm still looking around, hopefully it will return to normal in a few.

ak007

Reaction score
All Of My Html Pages Are Working FTP Is Also Working And Only 1 Mysql Query takes Up To 9+ Seconds
it is hapening From 3 Days But 1 wired Thing Http+Mysql 100% stops Responding On Morning But Works At Night

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.