Server IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSouls

Reaction score
Hi, I registered a free account under x10hosting servers, and I might want to pay for it in the future

this is a little complicated, because I am unable to update my DNS ip address because my domain is not handled by me.. I am annoyed that this has happened but my domain registra refused to let me change the dns servers due to some contract agreement

I provided them with these ip addresses:
ns1.x10hosting.com - 99.198.122.2
ns2.x10hosting.com - 69.175.6.66

they replied
This is DNS ip address not server ip address. If we change this DNS ip address,
it will terminate the DNS service with us
Kindly provide us server IP address so that we can do the pointing accordingly.

I am a novice user and I cannot tell the difference, can some1 from x10hosting please answer this questions please..

Regards

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

If they can't change the nameservers, they will have to set an A record for your domain. Please note that with this approach cPanel can't be used to manage your account's DNS.
Your server's IP is: 69.175.121.66

VSouls

Reaction score
Hi,

So if my account is hosted on boru, i can give them boru.x10hosting.com or 69.175.121.66 ?

If i were to switch my account to a premium 1, will my account be moved to another server?

My domain registra is a little anal about this, and i do not want to change this server thing again if i were to switch... :frown:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you move to premium, it does fortunately change servers.

I say fortunately because it'll move you to ones with less users and thus more power and less abusers :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

For an A record you'd give them the IP (which is the second best after being able to set name servers).

Yes, premium would mean new server, different IP. Same name servers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.