Server Load Problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

qendrimm

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 'Server Load'. After a hour i was suspended for this. Llok this:
Server Load 3.39 (4 cpus)

Which is the problme here, and how can i fix this ??

This is the message:
You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately.

Help with this please...

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
Umm... Cant really help u there, ur luky you can see ur panel and tell thats the server load

I had this issue once and closed down my site. worst mistake of my life. My site was actually grown very fast. I miss it. Gime a link to your site, i wana see something

Last edited:

qendrimm

Reaction score
Umm... Cant really help u there, ur luky you can see ur panel and tell thats the server load

I had this issue once and closed down my site. worst mistake of my life. My site was actually grown very fast. I miss it. Gime a link to your site, i wana see something

What do you want to see ?? I will tell you, because my site is suspended again for the same reason.

sdmaster

Reaction score
Same with mine. Though mine says ..Server Load 2.45 (4 cpus) and i'm not really running anything big to effect the server. Though It doesn't say i'm suspended just says "Connection Interrupted"

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
Its probably too heavy scripts, When i was suspended i was using a heavily moded instilation of wordpress that had ajax rating, view count for every post, manual edits displaying data and resulting in alot of queries. rotators and more. It was an awseome site but it was too much for a free host. I also passed my 10GB bandwith in like a couple days (after the fisrt month) lol

Wanted to see if you were using anything that may have takin up too much resources and make/suggest alternatives. For now whatever software ur suing disable your addons and then tell me what softwares and addons u are using

qendrimm

Reaction score
Its probably too heavy scripts, When i was suspended i was using a heavily moded instilation of wordpress that had ajax rating, view count for every post, manual edits displaying data and resulting in alot of queries. rotators and more. It was an awseome site but it was too much for a free host. I also passed my 10GB bandwith in like a couple days (after the fisrt month) lol

Wanted to see if you were using anything that may have takin up too much resources and make/suggest alternatives. For now whatever software ur suing disable your addons and then tell me what softwares and addons u are using

Total: 212 Queries

I'm going to pay for a premium host, but i wan't to export my databaze first.

zen-r

Reaction score
If you don't think it's anything your own site has done, maybe it's the server upgrading & / or stress-testing which has caused this : in which case it would clearly not be your fault.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

May I ask, are you running anything AJAX related? That many queues would trigger a suspend after a short period of time, and I've seen a heck of a lot of AJAX software causing those counts of queues.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
No i'm not.

Hmm. In that case, when your site is unsuspended if it isn't already, try to reduce the footprint of the software and it's load on the server. There's some easy ways of doing this without removing the key features. Sometimes it involves changing the software/addons that are used.

qendrimm

Reaction score
Hmm. In that case, when your site is unsuspended if it isn't already, try to reduce the footprint of the software and it's load on the server. There's some easy ways of doing this without removing the key features. Sometimes it involves changing the software/addons that are used.

For the moment I don't have acces on my server. Is still suspended.

taha116

Reaction score

Holy s%&t , if thats all at one page load no wonder lol. Well normally good sites take up more resurces but they should be optimized, wich is what you should do. Reduce load by using polls hosted by someone else. (google that Ive used it before) Bascily Use scripts witch are not hosted on the server but on 3rd party sites. Do this for all scripts you are using that arent so, necessary to your sites exisitence or pupose

t.hugger

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my site and am currently waiting to be unsuspended.

If you don't think it's anything your own site has done, maybe it's the server upgrading & / or stress-testing which has caused this : in which case it would clearly not be your fault.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've done, I haven't made any changes to the site in ages. Most likely the server upgrades/changes as I've been moved from stoli to choppin.

Thing is the suspension report stated that it was warning 1 of 3 for something that's not my fault. If these server upgrades cause more problems like this people could possibly end up banned for stuff they didn't do.

Should I submit a support ticket to have that warning removed? (would prefer not to have to as I know they are a bit backed up at the moment)

zen-r

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother. You could always bring it up with Support later on if it happens again.

Do check your site though, to see that it isn't something you hadn't thought of which is causing it there.

Good luck with getting the unsuspension to work. I know that when people last week were getting incorrectly suspended for inactivity, often the unsuspension only lasted a day before it kicked back in on them again! In the end, only Support could fix it. :)

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 'Server Load'. After a hour i was suspended for this. Llok this:
Server Load 3.39 (4 cpus)

Which is the problme here, and how can i fix this ??

This is the message:

Help with this please...

Corey warned everyone about this yesterday: Update 6/22/09

There are other things beside Cron jobs that use huge amounts of resources especially CPU load: many scripts are written poorly (or intentionally) to use more resources than needed.

I would suggest you check what scripts you have on your site and really look into them and see what they are really doing. ;)

htwillis

Reaction score
I also got that just now and checked the number of queries ran in my software. It was 50+. Is that too much? Just asking. :D

Elesarr

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my site and am currently waiting to be unsuspended.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've done, I haven't made any changes to the site in ages. Most likely the server upgrades/changes as I've been moved from stoli to choppin.

Thing is the suspension report stated that it was warning 1 of 3 for something that's not my fault. If these server upgrades cause more problems like this people could possibly end up banned for stuff they didn't do.

Should I submit a support ticket to have that warning removed? (would prefer not to have to as I know they are a bit backed up at the moment)

Corey said they were starting a new resource monitor on the servers which they had not used previously. This is the result of that new monitor ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
Elesarr, I suggest you copy the text from that post & keep it handy somewhere.

What are the odds on us needing to answer a whole load more of identical questions in the coming days?

Cut & Paste, here we come!

Elesarr

Reaction score
Elesarr, I suggest you copy the text from that post & keep it handy somewhere.

What are the odds on us needing to answer a whole load more of identical questions in the coming days?

Cut & Paste, here we come!

rofl...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.