Server Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
As you may or may not have noticed, we are currently undergoing server moves for all of our Free Hosting users. The purpose of these moves is to increase service stability and solve numerous issues present with our existing setup for Free Hosting users. Illuminated and Premium hosting are unaffected by these server moves. While there may be issues and some downtime during the move, the goal is that post-move there will be less issues and downtime than was previously experienced.

We are consolidating the users from the previous 5 Free Hosting servers onto 3 new servers with better hardware specifications. The servers Starka and Stoli will become Absolut, the servers Chopin and Lotus will become Vox, and Boru will become Level. We have chosen this configuration to balance the number of users on all three of the new servers so that they are all roughly equivalent.

Along with the server move, we are also changing the IPs that these servers resolve to. If you are using custom domains and are using A records in order to make them resolve to x10Hosting, the new server IPs are below:
Absolut - 198.91.81.2
Level - 198.91.81.3
Vox - 198.91.81.4

The current progress of these moves is that Stoli has been fully transferred to Absolut, Starka is still in the process of being transferred to Absolut, and Lotus is currently in the process of being transferred to Vox. Chopin and Boru have not yet begun to be transferred to the new server setup. We will post further updates on the status of these transfers as it progresses. Please be advised that there may be temporary issues with your accounts due to these transfers. Known issues will be posted on the Status website at http://status.x10hosting.com -- please do not open support tickets related to issues posted there. If you have an issue that is not listed on the status website, please open a support ticket so that we may know about it. Please also be advised that due to the large number of support tickets being opened because of these moves, that ticket times may be delayed. While we strive to answer every support ticket in a timely fashion, it may take multiple days to get a response on a support ticket due to the increased volume of tickets being opened.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

svcadm

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. My site's been unusable since yesterday. I was on stoli, now on absolut. The Home page is showing up, but many links are not working, and I am not able to post new content. The server throws an error, saying "An unknown error occured, try later". I guess it's a mysql problem. Anyway, I"ll wait and see how long it takes for things to get better. Currently the performance of this "absolut" is terrible. Hope it's temporary :)

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
thanks for telling us. Just want to make sure, I have the "Prime" package, but I'm still a Free Hosting user? because I'm getting the 404 Not Found error

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
@svcadm: There will be performance issues and other errors (such as people seeing a "defaultwebsite.cgi" page) while everything is still being finalized -- moving accounts over to a different server is unfortunately not an easy task, and is also quite time-consuming.

@Jessica.C: Prime is on the same servers as Free Hosting, so yes it is affected by this as well.

@logix10m: We are currently working on transferring Starka over to Absolut. We are working as quickly as we can, but the process is unfortunately rather slow. I will post an update when Starka is fully transferred (after which we will also attempt to resolve any outstanding issues with Absolut).

thedragn

Reaction score
My site is still completely down, you said stoli was done moving. What gives?

People are waiting on my site to come back up, and every hour of down time is lost income for me. This is why I can't afford to pay for premium service. If we got reliable web service I might be able to.

Thanks for the improvements, but I wish it didn't involve so much frustration.

May you find what you seek,
Alice

radio247

Reaction score
Respected Sir,

How long it will take to Complete as i m losing my Visitors.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
We do not have an ETA for the issue and we will try to complete the moves as soon as possible. Please be patient.

hgsuppor

Reaction score
My database was wiped (as was many others). Will they be restored? I need my site ASAP

EDIT: Should I just upload the backup database that I have, or will this fix itself? I urgently need to get on my site

Last edited:

rent.siddalls18

Reaction score
Re: Server Moves - No Status Information

Re: server moves for Free Hosting users.

The Status website at http://status.x10hosting.com shows no issues as at 11GMT 28 Aug 2012.

My site remains down. Could you update the Status Page to show progress on the server moves for Free Hosting users.

Thanks Peter

thedragn

Reaction score
My site is up and running thanks. I had to change the A records with the domain service, which was complicated, but all is well now. Thanks.

May you find what you seek,
Alice

savei

Reaction score
Thank you for posting. HOWEVER, this SHOULD be on the status page. As of 1 minute ago, I am seeing a whole lot of nothing on the status page.

It also would have been nice to have been sent an email about this. So people could, ya know, plan for this? I have a presentation including my site in 3 hours that I could have possibly rescheduled. But now I'm going to look like a complete fool because my site isn't working.

Thank you for your non-cooperation.

Edit: Now getting 403 message.

Last edited:

radio247

Reaction score
With due respect,
will this moving be over in a year?
or its the moving of our site visitors 1 by 1?
is it a patience test or trying to getting on nerves?

los50pri

Reaction score
Notice guys, /home disk/partition is actually full in absolut, this will make the move a bit more difficult for the x10hosting technicall group, also notice if the hard-disk is full most things that may write to disk will fail (mysql WRITE querys), fopen() in w mode, FTP uploads. Peace and patience :)

ladyice

Reaction score
I have a question, once the move is done will it delete all our files on the site? Would we have to start from scratch or would everything still be in tacked?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a question, once the move is done will it delete all our files on the site? Would we have to start from scratch or would everything still be in tacked?

Everything will be intact; your files and databases are not actually "on" your account server but in a separate storage network. It's just a matter of getting the accounts themselves moved, then pointing everything to the right locations. That takes a while, especially with the number of accounts on each of the free hosting servers.

ladyice

Reaction score
Everything will be intact; your files and databases are not actually "on" your account server but in a separate storage network. It's just a matter of getting the accounts themselves moved, then pointing everything to the right locations. That takes a while, especially with the number of accounts on each of the free hosting servers.

That's good to know. I logged into cPanel and went into the folder and seen that it was all empty and thought my site was completely gone.

kurodatenshi39

Reaction score
I'm on stoli (I think) and I'm getting a "error establishing a database connection" notice. My website operates via wordpress. Is that an error on your side or do I have to do anything about it??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.