Resolved Server time appears to be off (ahead) by 3 to 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaweex10

Reaction score
Server: x15

Not sure why I haven't noticed this before but, the server time appears to be ahead of what should be current time by a max of 4 minutes (short duration) and then by 3 minutes (the remainder of time until the next minute occurs). That said, I just recently noticed the time difference when I created a new page (Wordpress) and instead of a "Publish" button, I get a "Schedule" button. I then made a new post in an activity stream whereby the timestamp would normally indicate something like "2 seconds ago" (depends on when the timestamp is observed/updated), now indicates something like "in 3 minutes" (notwithstanding, the post is already published).

Additionally, when I run the command "ntpstat" on my machine. it indicates that:
  1. synchronized to a NTP server
  2. time is correct to within less than 100 ms
  3. polling NTP server every 1024 s
This leads me to believe that my machine has the correct current time (within the indicated margin of error). Last but not least, assistance in solving the time difference would be greatly appreciated. :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Strange. I don't have access to x15, so I'll see if an admin can see what you're seeing.

zaweex10

Reaction score
Strange. I don't have access to x15, so I'll see if an admin can see what you're seeing.
I created a file that will show you the time [a simple echo "The time is " . date("h:i:sa")], click on link below:

edit: [removed link since the issue was resolved]

You should notice that the minutes are off (ahead) as previously stated,

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like there's a discrepancy of varied degree on all servers, except x12 (that shows the same minute stamp as my computer at least).

Will check into this a bit and see to getting it sorted.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Time is synced on all servers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.