Setting Up Joomla with x10hosting - Mini-Guide

kkenny

Reaction score
it does install 1.5.2. i just did it yesterday

Yes but the problem with Fantastico is that when you update your script it can really be more of a pain than it needs to be. Fantastico has a way of, "easing" installations that aren't really hard to start out with. Installing it by hand or using the installer the CMS gives you is better and you learn a lot more doing it that way.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but the problem with Fantastico is that when you update your script it can really be more of a pain than it needs to be. Fantastico has a way of, "easing" installations that aren't really hard to start out with. Installing it by hand or using the installer the CMS gives you is better and you learn a lot more doing it that way.

I've noticed that Fantastico often gets in the way and makes things more complicated. It seems that it takes shortcuts that make any future updates cause issues.

If you install through the vendor's own installer you usually get to configure advanced features that may enable you to extend your website even more.

tuntis

Reaction score
Creating a database with an easy to guess name such as joomla isnt a good thing, that creates lots of security problems and could cost you getting your site hacked.

Same goes with the DB user.
You're screwed if somebody has access to any of your databases in any case: what are you talking about? It makes no difference if your database is called "zdwey4" or "joomla" or if your user is "fdbc2" instead of "user".

Sohail

Reaction score
Nice tutorial, though i wouldn't prefer to do it with Fantastico not because it's easy to use, but it gives you no control over the databases and stuff like that. It wouldn't be easy, especially if you wanted to backup your site and host it on another server so doing it manual gives you more support, control, safety and flexibility.

pamco7

Reaction score
Thank you so much for an easy guide. This makes installing Joomla 1.5 much easier instead of having to stick with 1.0 with Fantastico.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Changing your PHP version is a quick and easy task. Login to the account management panel with your forum username and password. On the left hand side near the bottom is a section called 'PHP version'. Choose the version you require from the three radio buttons (which is most likely intermediate, also known as Version 2), and type an explanation of why you need your PHP version changing.

Click the 'Continue Process' button to submit your request. Once your request has been submitted, you'll need to wait up to six hours for it to be approved and processed by a member of staff.

kkenny

Reaction score
Nice tutorial, though i wouldn't prefer to do it with Fantastico not because it's easy to use, but it gives you no control over the databases and stuff like that. It wouldn't be easy, especially if you wanted to backup your site and host it on another server so doing it manual gives you more support, control, safety and flexibility.

I would have to agree with you all the way on that opinion.

Hellega

Reaction score
Hi all...

number 10) to delte or change name on the upload file? Which is this? Maybe im very unclear but try to explain it for me:)

Regards