Should I be patient through this migration? Can I rely on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltwill

Reaction score
I very recently started my account with X10. It is my intention to use this free account as a 'live' test bed for a web site and mobile app that I firmly believe I can market and earn an income from. At that time I would upgrade to a paid for account as the free account would not be adequate for the traffic I believe my apps would get.

HOWEVER . . . on the very day I was suppose to present my mobile app in my Mobile Applications Development class at the university I am attend for my computer science degree. I go up to the front of the room to present my mobile app A N D ---> you guested it ---> NO bloody DATABASE. All of the content on my mobile app was obtained through a remote database connection --- X10's database server. This presentation and app was my FINAL EXAM for this class. Fortunately my professor upon seeing X10's server status was understanding and gave me full credit anyway. I ended up giving an alternate, very ad-lib presentation anyway. Showing what parts of my code was supposed to do what and drawing on the white board show how parts of it worked and how it was supposed to look. It helped that my professor saw my app working a few days previous to the Final. He could have been a real jerk about it and gave me a failing grade for the course.

So. To the administrators I extend this question. Is this migration something that just didn't go right? ------- Can I rely on you not to loose my data in the future?
This is, by far, not the smoothest migration I have ever witnessed. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that this is a migration that went BADLY.

Because my database data has been lost I have already deleted the database and attempted to create a new one. Apparently the phpMyAdmin is still not working so I have no means of creating tables and populating them. I will check back in a couple of days to see if you have things work. I am ready to continue developing on the mobile app.

My best regards
Walt Williams

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
An extremely important point I should add is, please please please, don't rely on free hosting for uptime-critical sites.

On premium hosting we have a 99.9% uptime guarentee, whereas on free hosting we have had to undergo the migration of tens of thousands of accounts across 3 free hosting servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.