Resolved Should I change A Records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colourmu

Reaction score
I noticed the latest post by Anna, recommending updates to A Records.

My domain name [colourmusic.info] is registered with Crazy Domains: under 'DNS Settings' they include A Records:
colourmusic.info > 203.170.80.250 & www.colourmusic.info > 203.170.80.250
Should I change these to the number for x13, of 198.91.81.13?

Also, do Name Server numbers need altering? At present, they are:
ns1.x10hosting.com > 162.159.24.224 & ns2.x10hosting.com > 162.159.25.177

Excuse my ignorance, & thanks.

P.S. Log-in (pressing cPanel button) still doesn't take me to DirectAdmin. It gives notice of 'Problems loading the skin...' then 'An error has occurred forwarding your sign in.' But maybe it is not so urgent, since FileZilla still gets me to my files.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have our name servers, which it sounds as you do, you don't need to do any changes, as those would be automatically updated to reflect the new IP.

I'll take a look in case there's something up with the account that prevents you from logging in properly, I do know that Internet Explorer does not work well with DirectAdmin however, so if you happen to have that you might want to look into switching to another browser

colourmu

Reaction score
Thanks, Anna.
No Internet Explorer here, thanks very much (Firefox mostly, though quite antique - v.48.0.1).
(It might also interest you to know at least one Australian ISP has been forced to close, due to cPanel's corporate venturing!)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not tried DA with Firefox, do you have an optional browser to try with, just to figure if the cause is browser or something else?

Does firefox have an incognito mode or similar (I haven't used it in many years now)? If so it could be worth checking with that. Clearing browser cache/cookies can help as well, especially if incognito works.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@colourmu Were you able to resolve your issue? Please let us know or this thread will be closed soon for inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.