Signing Up for an additional account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhar

Reaction score
Currently I have my own domain directed to x10 servers and I am currently using x10hosting adfree-adfree account. Now I have purchased another domain for another website with a different topic. Can I signup for another account and redirect this new domain to x10 servers? I hope for a positive reply. Thanks!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You can make use of the addon domain feature in cpanel, which lets you host multiple different sites on one hosting account.

Mazhar

Reaction score
Can you please explain step by step how can I do it? I want everything to go smooth. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: So I have to manage the two websites on same account also means same space? Can I get another account so that I do not fall short of space?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
It is against the Terms of Service to own more than one account per individual.
As Skizzerz said, Addon Domains are the solution to this, since they allow you to host more than one websites on one account.
In your post, you said you wanted more 'space'. x10Hosting offers you unmetered space, meaning that you have unlimited as long as you follow the Terms of Service. Therefore, there is no need to worry about 'space'.

You can create an addon domain by purchasing (or signing up for) a domain such as .COM. If you do not want to pay, there are free services around like CO.CC that you can use for a domain. After you buy/sign up for a domain, you will need to find an option to set 'Nameservers' up; it should be somewhere on your domain registrars website. You should add the following nameservers:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Then, go into cPanel, click Addon Domains, and fill in the form. It can take around 24 hours for the domain to become activated. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Mazhar

Reaction score
@ Dead-i, unlimited space? But my cPanel shows me I have 1024 MB of space only...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
That's weird, it should be ∞. This appears to be a server issue; only an administrator can fix it.
However, 1GB is plenty of space to host 2 websites. A simple WordPress installation is only about 40MB.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a glitch, he's on the old plan from 2010 :)

@Mazhar: I can upgrade you to the new adfree-"infinity" plan, but please bear in mind that the number of email accounts drops to 3, subdomains to 2, parked domains to 1, addon domains to 2, and sql databases to 2. If you still want the unmetered disk/bw, please open a separate support ticket for it (mostly so it actually gets seen and processed). If you'd rather stay on the old plan, you can do that as well - we don't force the upgrade to the new plan. Just keep in mind that the plan change is 1-way - we can put you on adfree-infinity, but we can't put you back to the 2010 adfree plan you're on now if you change your mind.

Mazhar

Reaction score
Okay so how much sql dbs I have now? Subdomains are 2, means 2 in total or 2 for each add-on domain? What's a parked domain? Will I ever need that?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
You can see your staistics using the information on the left hand side of the cPanel homepage.

A parked domain is a domain that shows exactly the same as another domain on your account. For example, let's say my main domain is www.mysite.x10.mx and I buy a domain that is www.mysite.com. If I wanted mysite.com to show exactly the same site as mysitr.x10.mx, I would 'park' mysite.com using Parked Domains.

Mazhar

Reaction score
Okay so do not upgrade my account right now. When I will need more space, I will contact you. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.