Simple Slideshow script/module needed for CMS

stevet70

Reaction score
I'm looking to use a very simple Slideshow script on a number of pages on a website for an art gallery. No thumbnails or enlargements, purely a single image that will change as you click on next / previous buttons and ideally will have the option to include a caption for each image.

I intend to build the site using PHP, initially static, but in the future will develop a very simple CMS for it so want to get ideas ready to start piecing things together.

I've used a javascript slideshow script in the past that does exactly what I need, but I'm wondering if there's something out there that will integrate neatly into a CMS so slideshows can be included on pages as required.

Any thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks
Steve

Scoochi2

Reaction score
I could easily create one... A simple idea follows.

Look in the directory where the images are and load the selected one up (if none are selected, load a random/first/specific image). Create buttons that either advance to the next image or back to the previous. The first and last images should wrap.

stevet70

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like a simple enough plan.

Its most extensive use would be in an archive section of past exhibitions, presumably it would be able to work within the CMS so that a new directory / folder was assigned for each artist so that only images by that artist would be pulled in to the relevant slideshow.

How would image captions be assigned?

stevet70

Reaction score
Thanks, looks like an interesting overview of methods, I shall read on