Site at new location.... need more content!

CJ023

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have moved my site off the x10 servers and onto those of another paid hosting site. My site is fully functional and is now live. I'm somewhat satisfied with what I have put together so far.

Here's the thing. Other than the tutorials section that I have yet to launch, I have no content that will appeal to people who are not interested in buying my services. So what types of things could I add to my site to make it more interesting for non-service purchasers.... chat rooms, polls, surveys.... do people like these things? What other sections would you recommend for a site like mine?

I'm open for any and all suggestions that anyone has to offer....

www.CreativeSolutionsNKY.com

Parsa44

Reaction score
I would start by redisigning the website, its kind of unprofessional. especially the orange...

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
I would start by redisigning the website, its kind of unprofessional. especially the orange...

Not exactly helpful Parsa. The text within the logo could be changed to be simpler, or even yet, just use simple text input. The orange would not be considered as professional, due to you only having orange and white as the main colors. Just saying it is a bit too "orangy". Try making things a little bit less consistent, I would normally not say this, but it looks like you did the same thing over and over.

CJ023

Reaction score
Ok,

So I changed the look of the site again.... made a new top banner using some different colors and removed some of the orange from the layout all together. I feel much better about the look of the site with the new banner on top... I also feel that the new banner is more professional also. Anyone who saw the previous layout and banner please comment on the new one and let me know if you think it's better or worse. Also still trying to figure out what other type of content to add to the site.... Any suggestions on that also would be great.

Check out the new look and let me know what you think. Your comments matter....

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I still don't like the layout of the site. I don't think you can do anything to fix it. I'd suggest re designing it.

Don't take that the wrong way, but you have to face the facts sometimes.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Just visisted and I have to say that if I as a customer, I would not purchase a thing.

Reasons:
I would not pay that much for a website when yours doesn't look as proffesional as other companies do.
Besides, don't you think those prices are VERY high?
I wouldn't want to buy images when yours don't look so proffesional.

Solutions:
Use Joomla and find a great template. There are MANY great FREE templates out there.
Lower the prices a bit.
Create some templates already and show them.
Create some images and show them.
Display your experience or "resume" as some would call it.

Positives I love already:
The great company name.
HTML Cheat Sheet.

BTW, are you really good at website templates?
If so, please send me a PM.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
On soki's idea. Most web design companies are charging $20 per hour. Idbsuggest doing that, instead of a flat rate.

CJ023

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone.... I make changes every time I get this kind of feedback. I don't think I'm doing so bad considering I have only been at this for a few weeks. I'm great with HTML but everything else is a challenge for me. I'm learning at a decent pace.

Thanks again,

Casey

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone.... I make changes every time I get this kind of feedback. I don't think I'm doing so bad considering I have only been at this for a few weeks. I'm great with HTML but everything else is a challenge for me. I'm learning at a decent pace.

Thanks again,

Casey
Not to sound mean or anything, but if you are struggling with other elements of web design, why try to make a web design company? I think it may be best to do a bit more tinkering with web design before you start a business.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
5/10

If you are trying to start a business that will not work. You need to have a professional template, spend a while and make a professional template. You have a good amount on info though. I would also get rid of or blend your ads into your site. I am sorry but there would be no way I would trust you to design a website for me.

~!Coldfirezz

withambition

Reaction score
Quite frankly, if you've only been designing for a few weeks, then starting your own business isn't the best of choices.. especially with prices like that.

The design isn't as eye-catching as competitors, but it's crisp and clean. Easy to navigate through, too.

CJ023

Reaction score
After much, actually little or no, thought, I have decided to basically start from scratch and get a new layout together. It will take me a few weeks at least but after hearing all of the comments and suggestions from you guys I have decided it's probably best to listen to some of the advice. I'm taking all suggestions and comments into consideration and I will repost here when I get everything finished, or at least close.

So let's see what I have learned when we return..... Thanks everyone!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
BTW, remember to not put a dark background: it doesn't look as professional as a pale background.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

Dark backgrounds work as well as light backgrounds. It just has to fit your purposes.

Ever heard of contrast?