Site Builder not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

softubpr

Reaction score
Could somebody please check and see why site builder doesn't work with my new domain? "SoftubPromotions.com" ..I have no trouble building on other domains, so I know it's not a browser issue. I have also moved the domain to another account and it didn't work there either. I just want to start over and choose a template for it.
Thanks

softubpr

Reaction score
Still asking for help. It sucks to have a brand new domain and not be able to build on it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay in a response. This is a fairly unusual problem, which I haven't seen previously, but I would really like to see this resolved. Please could you try adding your domain as a parked domain (rather than an Addon Domain), and let me know whether you still see the blank page?

Thank you,

softubpr

Reaction score
I removed the Domain and Re-Added it as a Parked Domain, as you requested, and it didn't help. Same issue. When I chose to Create a Website on it, I didn't get prompted to use a Template, it just said it was created. Then when I went to Sitebuilder, I just get a Blank Page. Tried multiple Browsers.. no difference. Please Help. Thanks.

softubpr

Reaction score
I tried what was asked.. still need help please. I really want to use my Domain.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I briefly tried looking into this but couldn't make it work (in the process I switched your domain back to an addon domain since I wanted to try both). If you can get the sitebuilder working for your main domain (your x10host.com one), then try the following:
1. Fill out the sitebuilder for your x10host.com domain as you want your softubpromotions.com site to look
2. Change softubpromotions.com back to a parked domain
3. Everything should work fine at this point, let me know if not

I'll poke the other admins to see if we can figure out why the sitebuilder isn't working for your domain, but there's a lot on their plate so I don't know when they'll get around to investigating it

softubpr

Reaction score
I briefly tried looking into this but couldn't make it work (in the process I switched your domain back to an addon domain since I wanted to try both). If you can get the sitebuilder working for your main domain (your x10host.com one), then try the following:
1. Fill out the sitebuilder for your x10host.com domain as you want your softubpromotions.com site to look
2. Change softubpromotions.com back to a parked domain
3. Everything should work fine at this point, let me know if not

I'll poke the other admins to see if we can figure out why the sitebuilder isn't working for your domain, but there's a lot on their plate so I don't know when they'll get around to investigating it

Guys, Any Luck Figuring this out? I really don't want to use my Domain as Parked. I will be using the email and a lot of other features and prefer to use it as an Addon Domain. Please give this another shot to help me figure out why Sitebuilder no longer works with my Domain. It worked the very first time I added it, but since deleting the site and removing the Domain and Re-Adding it, I can't get Sitebuilder to work at all. Please help with this, as I really want to use this Domain I purchased.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
There is no difference between a parked and addon domain insofar as features (such as email accounts) are concerned. The difference solely concerns where your files get put
Parked domain = another name for your main domain, files put directly in public_html
Addon domain = an extra site, files put in some subdirectory of public_html

In essence, by using a parked domain, you can treat it as if that parked domain was your main domain. As such, you can use the sitebuilder for your main domain (the x10host.com one) and have your .com as a parked domain, the .com site will automatically use whatever you built for the main site. That is the best workaround I can offer short of deleting and re-creating your account; I have no ETA as to when the admins will have time to look into the sitebuilder issues.

softubpr

Reaction score
So, the Viewer of my site will only see my Parked Domain name in the URL? I only want them to see SoftubPromotions.com
I would say to delete the account and let me re-create it, but that won't work either. I already tried creating a New Account and moving the Domain there.. SiteBuilder still failed to work.
SiteBuilder worked One time, the first time I logged in.. I created a site, then I decided I wanted to use a different Template, so I Deleted the Site, and it's never worked since.. even on a New Account. You guys have the Domain Name blocked from using SiteBuilder somehow.
Geez.. this is aggravating.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.