Resolved Site Down: "Apache functioning normally"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Hi,
My website hasn't been working for a few days now. Neither my e-mail address associated to my domain name. Can't login to cPanel either.
Could you get my website and email back up, please?

My domain name is using your DNS:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

If you need any more info, please send me a private message or email.
Thanks!!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We actually purged accounts where there was no login made in the past 60 days prior to purge (the requirement as per ToS is to login once every 30 days), but since we purged without suspending first, we allow a grace period where the accounts can be restored if asked within a week from when termination was made for these accounts.

Purge happened early in this month, around the 4th, so basically we're now nearly two weeks after even if one week was said to be our grace period at first.

The last login noted for your account prior to our purge is from November 26th

Your account should now be sorted, please let me know if you find anything that isn't working properly.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Hi Anna,
Thank you, now both the website and emails are working.

I'm worried about how your logins are being registered, however. If my last login had been on November, the site would have been suspended already around January or February, which wasn't the case. It just stopped working after your migration works.
Maybe this is something you can look into.

Regards,
Felipe

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Logins are only counted when you do login on the SSO page at: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
If you go directly to the server, or login through ftp, that is not logged as to keep the account active.

During maintenance the automated suspension/terminations has been on hold, this was a manually started purge. It was started after all accounts were migrated and had been sitting for nearly 2 months on the new servers, with most of the issues (at least the reported ones) ironed out. It was necessary due to the automated having been on hold for such long time, with hopes to be able to turn on signups shortly after, that part had to be delayed a bit more for further testing though.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Hi Anna,
For the record, that's the URL i always login to to prevent account suspension. My last login must've been on December at the least. Most likely January.
Thanks again.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not what I see and to my knowledge no one else has had the log miss their login, but they may just not have said anything about it.

I will however notify higher ups so they can take a look, though I also know that the whole backend system, which among other things keep track of the active accounts, is going to be replaced it the next couple weeks, unless any major problems arise, so it may not become a high priority for them at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.