Resolved Site Down/Timing Out; CPanel Up - All Files Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperFox

Reaction score
So, I've been using x10hosting for a long time now. Haven't had much of a problem other than a few times where servers went down for everyone due to migrations/upgrades/etc.

Usually, that was resolved in a few days.

However - for the last few days now - my site ( http://venomgraphics.x10.mx ) has been inaccessible. The cPanel works just fine. All of my files are still there.

Connecting to the actual site just doesn't work. It loads and loads for a few moments only to come back with:

Hmmm… can't reach this page
venomgraphics.x10.mx took too long to respond

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Is this possibly related to the current migration going on right now? Or is there something else wrong?

( Also - unrelated to this actual problem, but something that's been bugging me recently: I've been having difficulty getting Google to recognize ads.txt - no matter where I put it, it never seems to get picked up. )

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe both problems are related.

Your domain did for some reason point to the old server that has now been taken offline, which is why it stopped responding properly. This would also likely be why ads.txt wasn't recognized, it was not located on the server your site was live from.

Both issues are hopefully sorted now that I corrected the DNS issue.

You may need to flush dns or await its natural refresh.

SniperFox

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! The site seems to be back in working order. I'll give it a few days for ads.txt, as it can take a while on Google's side to detect it. Other than that, everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the site is now back to working.

I'll leave the thread open a couple more days just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.