Resolved Site Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

femifitx

Reaction score
Hi,

Is something going on with the server? I've been experiencing outages on my site for the past few days. Please advise if there's something I should be doing on my end to prevent/fix this, but I haven't changed anything, so I know it's not due to anything I did.

Thanks

femifitx

Reaction score
This is the error I'm getting...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.59.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.59.31 PM.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 12

femifitx

Reaction score
This is a HUGE problem for me. I have an event in a few hours and people can't register because the site is down. Please HELP, somebody!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems to be working now. I'm sorry if your site was down earlier; free hosting is only staffed by volunteers and I'm only getting home from work. Premium plans have a different support team and a ticket system if this system is too slow for you.

femifitx

Reaction score
It seems to be working now. I'm sorry if your site was down earlier; free hosting is only staffed by volunteers and I'm only getting home from work. Premium plans have a different support team and a ticket system if this system is too slow for you.

Please stop, Garrett! I appreciate you stepping in and trying to help, but I've been with x10hosting for years and I' familiar with the free plan vs the premium plans. Telling me to get a premium plan if I need assistance is downright condescending. A situation where I'm unable to access my site is a critical issue - and one where clearly I'm not the only one who's having it. And NO, the issue is not solved - the site is still on and off.

Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Garret is correct however, free hosting does not come with a guaranteed support, even less so a guaranteed response time, support is done by volunteers and is basically community helping each others (that includes me, I do this on the side of my regular job as a favor to the community).

The commonality among those that has reported any issues is that they all have cloudflare as you do, I have not seen anyone report there being an issue without cloudflare being involved. This could be a coincidence of course. I don't see anything server side that could be an issue right now, I'll try to keep an eye on it however in case something comes up during the evening.

I'm not familiar enough with cloudflare to know if there's some setting that will work better or worse, that is perhaps something that cloudflare support are better equipped to answer.

What you could do is verify you only have one IP listed for the domain, I have seen a few cases where they added the new IP but didn't remove the old record which would cause a problem.

There should from what I can tell be a way to search CloudFlare, under the firewall section, for the ray ID given when it doesn't work to get more information, this information could be useful, but would be something only you can check as it is tied with the domain/account.

femifitx

Reaction score
Telling me I would have fared better if I had a raincoat and an umbrella while I'm being drenched to my core in a rainstorm is an insult to my perceptive intelligence. I wasn't expecting premium-level support, nor did anything I post suggest I was. It's not about what's "correct" or not, it's about stating the obvious in the middle of an 'emergency'. YOU have helped me numerous times here; have you ever once told me to go get a premium plan if I need help? No, not once. I'm aware you're volunteers and I'm always full of appreciation for any and every help rendered (you do have access level and rights that we don't have though, so your assistance is more than community-level help).

To the issue at hand, something has definitely changed in the past few days - could be on Cloudflare's end or x10hosting's end. Just so you know, the same thing happened to this forum last night, so I doubt it's something any of us (users) did. I've disabled Cloudflare, purged the cache and all, and that didn't solve the problem. I've confirmed there's only one IP and I've found the associated Ray ID but I'm unsure of what to do with that.

femifitx

Reaction score
These are Cloudflare's recommendations on figuring out what's going on and fixing the issue:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.26.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.26.22 PM.png

bytex10h

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as well, error 521 every few minutes, working for a few after a refresh, then the error hits again. Using CloudFlare, and it’s only been happening as of the last 24 hours (when everyone else’s issue started to occur). I’m pretty sure it isn’t on CloudFlare’s end, “all systems are go.” CloudFlare support staff has also indicated to me that it’s an issue on the host’s end. I have one IP configured in the DNS -- the new server IP. I’m on x14, but that first make much of a difference since others are experiencing this across several of the servers.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We have noticed that this does indeed affect all servers, intermittently.

I have yet to find out the true cause however, and have also alerted the other more senior admins that may have access to parts I don't.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Please stop, Garrett! I appreciate you stepping in and trying to help, but I've been with x10hosting for years and I' familiar with the free plan vs the premium plans. Telling me to get a premium plan if I need assistance is downright condescending. A situation where I'm unable to access my site is a critical issue - and one where clearly I'm not the only one who's having it. And NO, the issue is not solved - the site is still on and off.

Thank you.

I'm not mentioning premium to upsell you, demean you, or trivialize your issues; I only mention it because not everyone knows about it. I have no way of knowing if you know or not. I don't even get a "thank you" if a free user upgrades, so my MO is never to push people into something they don't need. I just want to make it clear that my only purpose on this forum is to be a conduit between users and admins, and to take care of basic issues where no admin access is necessary. I'm just another x10 user, trying to keep fellow users happy.

Anyway, Anna has been sending this information through, so we should start making some progress on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.