site goes down when upload/updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwaproductions

Reaction score
I know this has GOTTA be frustrating...

I have a free hosting... every time I add a page or update something through my file manager, it works okay (as in I can view the site) for like two minutes, and then the site goes down for close to an hour... Then, it comes back and works fine...

I know it's not just my computer, because I get inundated with phone calls from friends around the time that the site goes down wondering if my site got deleted or something.

Is there some sort of refresh rate or something for the server?

natho12345

Reaction score
this come the same as mine

its stoli

now the ftp and cpanel lag cant upload anything.

i am so angry about this

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Stoli was crawling today (took a response time of 20 seconds to serve up a simple HTML file earlier today), but it seems to be fine now. I'm on the Lotus server so I can't really check to see if Stoli is working fine, but give it a shot at a later time. The server may just be under heavy load or it's under maintenance.

zen-r

Reaction score
i am so angry about this

Who are you angry with?

The people giving you a totally free service, who are working long unpaid hours to upgrade an already excellent service for you, the member?

I think the slowness is just caused by the announced stress testing after the server upgrades.

Give it time, hopefully things will eventually settle down again.

goooner

Reaction score
Stoli seems to be unstable at the moment, I hope someone is doing something to remedy the situation as I have the same problems, website and FTP goes up & down all the time, can't get more than 10 minutes uptime for FTP, website is a bit better.

Honestly, in the day after the server move was finished everything was ok, I thought I was flying from how fast it was but ever since, well, as I said, unstable.

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
It was announced that they are still testing the servers and working out some small issues.

I will not post another "word wall" today; instead, I refer you to a post I made to someone else that was "angry":

cpanel login problem :coolugh:

iwaproductions

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm not angry, just a little frustrated...

The site only seems to go down after I do an upload... (doesn't matter what size, could be one meg's worth, could be 20K worth, for some reason the site goes down, can't enter cPanel, nothing...

I DO understand that this is a free service, and really have to commend you on offering all the stuff that you do... I just... am curious (this stoli/sparka problem has been going on for about a month now...)

zen-r

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm not angry, just a little frustrated...

The site only seems to go down after I do an upload... (doesn't matter what size, could be one meg's worth, could be 20K worth, for some reason the site goes down, can't enter cPanel, nothing...

I DO understand that this is a free service, and really have to commend you on offering all the stuff that you do... I just... am curious (this stoli/sparka problem has been going on for about a month now...)

I think Elesarr was referring to natho12345, who's been spamming all over the place every time his server goes up or down. Eg. http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...-14-09-news-thread-response-3.html#post550061

It's fascinating stuff, but I really wish he would stop.

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.