Site Loading Slow Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

theteamk

Reaction score
My site androguider.com is taking a lot of time to load up. And, lately I have been getting "Resource Limit Exceeded" errors too many times.

x10_prob_2.png

The count of that has crossed 800 now. My WP blog only gets about 150 hits a day at an average. Even when the site loads up, it takes about 30 seconds just to load up. I get backend fetch failed errors many times too, even when there are zero visitors on my site. This is the most frustrating part.

x10_prob_1.png

Add on to that, when there are no visitors on the site, then also the site takes about half a minute to load up. I have tested my site's code with Pingdom, Pagespeed, GTMetrix and have got a good score in all of them. Since the last week, I have been working on getting critical CSS too. The latest version of it has lead to my highest ever scores on all the benchmarking platforms listed above. Critical CSS still needs to be fine tuned too. My site also lazy loads images.

A few weeks back I was not facing this issue at all. The site loaded up fairly quickly too. Just before my WP blog, which was started in May this year, I had an SMF site: "The Team K Developers". That site used to get about 2000 views per day and there was not even a time when I would complain about the servers. But lately this issue seems to have become more and more prevalent. I do use caching and lately I have been testing Cloudflare with other caching plugins such as W3 Total Cache. But still I cannot get that loading time to improve. I am a web developer myself, I have also tried doing changes to the CSS, minify JS, HTML & CSS too. Since the last week I have tried multiple light weight themes too just to try and get an improvement in site performance, but that is not happening at all. I regret to say this but the quality of x10hosting servers seems to have degraded. Please correct me if I am wrong, but being a web developer and having used x10hosting for more than two years now, it feels very disappointing. I plan to upgrade to premium too, but these things just don't help.

Ok, so just to summarise. The website is coded well and it meets the industry standards a website should. Now, can anyone from the support staff tell me how many visitors can the x10hosting servers handle at once. Even my SMF site I talked above had a Pingdom score of 89. Now, that's a great score for any web developer. That site could handle 700 visitors at one go. It had 2000 daily page views. Come to my WP site, it has less than one tenth views the SMF site has and loads 10 times slowly than the SMF site. A few days ago the WP site was working well, server response was good too. The last two days have been a downhill journey in that aspect. I have also earlier faced issues of e-mails not being sent out and what not, but the x10hosting staff as always was great and came to my rescue. I am expecting the same thing this time too. Please look into the matter and help me in sorting it out.

Best Regards
Krittin

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure what you are expecting from free hosting... Yes, it works, however there may be some caveats when hosting a production site on free hosting. I would recommend you look into paid web hosting services for a production site as it costs less than a cup of coffee per month if you really want your site to run fast without any problems.

You really can't expect much from free hosting since the service is provided for free. The x10free servers are not the same as the x10premium servers as there are likely more people on the free servers than on the premium servers thus the quality may be different. As you can see here, http://status.x10hosting.com/ there are many more premium servers than free servers and so you really can't judge the premium service on the free service as they are in entirely different servers.

In addition, check the plugins that you are running on wordpress as some may cause slow loading times on websites. I have loaded your site "http://androguider.com/" on my connection and it loads within a second so it may be your connection as I am connecting from a broadband connection and your site loads within a section. I suggest checking your internet as your site is hosted in the USA and sometimes when accessing a site from a location that is far away from the servers, it may have a slight lag or delay.

theteamk

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure what you are expecting from free hosting... Yes, it works, however there may be some caveats when hosting a production site on free hosting. I would recommend you look into paid web hosting services for a production site as it costs less than a cup of coffee per month if you really want your site to run fast without any problems.

You really can't expect much from free hosting since the service is provided for free. The x10free servers are not the same as the x10premium servers as there are likely more people on the free servers than on the premium servers thus the quality may be different. As you can see here, http://status.x10hosting.com/ there are many more premium servers than free servers and so you really can't judge the premium service on the free service as they are in entirely different servers.

In addition, check the plugins that you are running on wordpress as some may cause slow loading times on websites. I have loaded your site "http://androguider.com/" on my connection and it loads within a second so it may be your connection as I am connecting from a broadband connection and your site loads within a section. I suggest checking your internet as your site is hosted in the USA and sometimes when accessing a site from a location that is far away from the servers, it may have a slight lag or delay.

Yeah, I know I am using a free hosting plan. But when I was using my SMF site, it gave me zero problems. The current blog I have has one tenth the visitors my SMF site had. My blog is not that popular and of course as and when it grows, I will be moving on to premium plans. I am expecting something which I used to get earlier from these very servers. Is it wrong to expect something which I have already experienced? I am just asking you to check if there is something wrong from your end. Is there any script which is hanging up the server leading to slower site loading? Earlier last month, my site was not able to send out mails and @Dead-i successfully troubleshooted the issue and something was wrong at the server end. That's all I intend to ask you, is something wrong from your end?

If the problem persists, I will move on to the premium servers.

Best Regards
Krittin

theteamk

Reaction score

Yeah, I know I am using a free hosting plan. But when I was using my SMF site, it gave me zero problems. The current blog I have has one tenth the visitors my SMF site had. My blog is not that popular and of course as and when it grows, I will be moving on to premium plans. I am expecting something which I used to get earlier from these very servers. Is it wrong to expect something which I have already experienced? I am just asking you to check if there is something wrong from your end. Is there any script which is hanging up the server leading to slower site loading? Earlier last month, my site was not able to send out mails and @Dead-i successfully troubleshooted the issue and something was wrong at the server end. That's all I intend to ask you, is something wrong from your end?

Best Regards
Krittin

theteamk

Reaction score

Best Regards
Krittin

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
(When the dots in the upper-right stop, you've posted. You do't always get immediate feedback and refresh, which is a bit of a problem, but leave the thread and come back in to see if anything's happened before reposting, please.)

WordPress is not SMF. Not by a long shot. For all of the fixes and improvements they've made over the past few releases, it's still fundamentally fat-bottomed and sluggish. That's the price you pay for a theme-and-plugin-driven CMS; every possible place for some external code to jump in and do its thing means a decision point in the core code. If you want actual performance, build just what you need or render the pages out to static files. (There are plugins for that as well.)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Krittin,

This is unfortunately difficult for me to diagnose, but I have done some investigating into this. Today I have visited your website at multiple times throughout the day, and received about 4 seconds of load time for the page itself (as well as some extra time for larger images) every time, but on subsequent refreshes it loads almost instantly. I tried your homepage as well as a few others on your navigation bar. This suggests that Varnish is stepping in for those refreshes, so the fault lies within the execution of PHP.

I have verified at the server's end that the resource limits are set correctly on your account, so the server does not look to be forcing your website to slow down. Server load on xo3 is currently at a normal level. Since you are on xo3, I installed a WordPress blog on my test account on xo3, which started loading instantly, so it does not look to be an issue with the server itself.

Since my test blog is loading fine, I would recommend you check things like WordPress plugins/themes that could be slowing it down.

Entry Processes are the total number of processes (usually PHP processes) that are running on your account at the same time. If you do hit this limit, your site shows the Resource Limit Hit message until your Entry Processes falls under 5. This is especially common if your PHP scripts are taking longer than usual to complete. For example, if six people simultaneously requested a PHP webpage that took a while to execute, the sixth person would see the Resource Limit Hit message until at least one of the first five have been served the webpage. I do hope that helps.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.