Site not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

thearchedone

Reaction score
I've just uploaded a bunch of new files (htm pages, css, images) to my site (tao.x10hosting.com) but the updates are not showing.

I see old versions of the pages which suggests to me the pages are being cached somewhere. However, some of the pages I've just put up are brand new (e.g. tao.x10hosting.com/features.htm) so cannot be cached... but I stil can't access these.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can make my new & updated pages accessible?

Thanks

TAO

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I just open http://tao.x10hosting.com

and see your website working perfectly..
tao.x10hosting.com/features.htm is not working..

make sure you upload features.htm file in public_html.
also make sure all words of features.htm are lower case. I typed there..

That could be casing problem...

thearchedone

Reaction score
Hi Boss,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Indeed the default page is 'working', but it's displaying an old htm page, old images and old css.

The location of the features page is '/public_html/features.htm' (I copied that from the rename dialog to avoid a typing mistake).

I can view / edit features htm and all other new files from the file manager.

So I can't see what's wrong.

Please can you advise.

Thanks

TAO

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Try changing extension to .html

If no luck then wait for some time.

Note:
Currently staff is working to upgrade the system and account panel. This might be because of this upgrade.

so please wait...

Everything will work after the upgrade

Last edited:

bennym

Reaction score
I have the same problem. You aren't on Lotus by any chance, are you?

UPDATIN' MAH POST:
I have found a temporary solution. Updating via FTP works for me. CPanel seems to have a seperate copy of the files somewhere.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Although not certain this is the cause, it might be.

As announced in http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/110021-latest-news.html Starka is one of the servers to be migrated, this work might have started which could lead to this scenario:

ftp sees one server, cPanel see the other (especially if you use the server address for login to one and your domain to the other).

@bennym: The above scenario would be likely for you, as I know that Corey was working on migrating lotus last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.