Site redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you checked your computer for any malware?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
we do not do any redirects from our end, and would most certainly not do one to a competitor, the only way it would be redirected is if you added a redirect in your cPanel, or if there's something in your code that does a redirect.

Did you by any chance use them with the same domain previously? It could be DNS isn't fully propagated leaving their IP as a valid IP for your domain on some servers, while your account there is removed and thus they in their turn directs the call to the main site.

illuminati_2k

Reaction score
my site is working fine on my system. the redirection occurs on my friends system.

i have one doubt i was hosting my site on byethost till yest and i moved to ur servers today so can it be possible tht my domain is till pointing to there servers. though when i use the domain it points to ur servers.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible that your ISP was faster in updating the records for the domain then your friends ISP is. Which would explain why it works for you but not your friend.

DNS propagation can take anywhere between a few minutes and 72 hours, all depending on how often the servers at the ISP queries for updates to its DNS table. Also your friends own computer could have the wrong information in the DNS cache, in which case it would sort if he/she does flush the DNS cache on the computer.

For information about how to flush DNS: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_do_I_Flush_my_DNS_Cache

illuminati_2k

Reaction score
thanks for ur help guys i got it fixed. thanks a lot. it was dns problem changed the dns of my friend and its working

Status
Not open for further replies.