Site running painfully slow, css not applied, errors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlccsecu

Reaction score
As stated in the title dlccsecurityonline.x10.mx is just bonkers! I really don't know what the problem is. I tested the site on my university's host space and the code works fine there. Please advise. Thanks.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

What kind of errors are you experiencing?

dlccsecu

Reaction score
backend retrieval failure or something like that. I haven't seen that in awhile. Pages displaying without CSS is the most common "error." And, of course, the pages load reeeeealllly slow.

chroixx1

Reaction score
I do believe I am having the same problem as you with my domain, http://chroix.us -- if you can find a solution, I would be ever so grateful.

You are getting this too, right?
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 125141019

Varnish cache server

Edit: Loaded the first page fine, but the forums just gave me errors. Slow moving sites, 503 errors and all of that.

Last edited:

ensorcel

Reaction score
Yes, everyone on the free servers are getting them. Hang tight, guys. They're working hard. If your site begins to appear functioning properly (it will, if only long enough to frustrate you), don't expect to quite be in the clear. Just assume that it's still on the fritz for the moment. http://status.x10hosting.com is a wonderful resource in companion to these forums, but until you see leafy, Byron, Dead-i, or some other staff member (sorry to those I'm leaving out, shooting from the hip there) either announce it's fixed or something similar on the Free Hosting Blog, I would expect to keep seeing intermittent issues.

On the plus side, every time functionality restores it's a little better and more consistent. There were points last night where it would take 30+ seconds to load if it did at all. This morning, there's been several quite acceptable states (at least on server 3) ranging from 5 to 15 minutes. A little bit ago, it kept functionality for quite a while, I'd say definite signs that the end is near. :) Just hold on, this is just more fallout of the issues of recent.

A huge hoorah to the wonderful folks toiling away at the problem; Lord knows, I'd be quick to want to tell the first to complain, "pay me." :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The amount of changes we're pushing out to further resolve the 503 issue is causing slow loading as the changes propagate to all the accounts on the server. We're hoping the latest round of changes will resolve any outstanding issues and things will be back to normal within a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.