Site still does not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
My domain http://wolfgardens.org is still not loading.
Joomla is installed in the wolfgardens.org/home directory and I use a redirect to have joomla load.
Direct access to http://wolfgardens.org/home results in this message "Error displaying the error page:Application Instantiation Error"
While wolfgardens.org simply results in a 403 code.

Attempting to get the Admin for joomla backend results in the same code as for wolfgardens.org/home http://wolfgardens.org/home/administrator/

Mail was not working but is back up for now.

I tried to place an .htacces file in my default directory to try to manage the redirect that way, but I can not create files.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

With Respect,
Jim Windwalker

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
Neil worked on my site and got it back up.
However there are several issues that are still prevalent.

1. magic_quotes_gpc needs to be disabled for later versions of Joomla to function properly. I am seeing the same issue on xo1 as well. This prevents logging into the backend admin panel of Joomla.

2. Can not save setting in MyPhPAdmin. ( Your preferences will be saved for current session only. Storing them permanently requires phpMyAdmin configuration storage.)

3. Can not save content in Joomla Backend.

4. I am also getting these errors and debug is turned off. Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in/home/wolfgard/public_html/plugins/system/favicon/favicon.php on line 73

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/wolfgard/public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.phpon line 250

I know this is all as frustrating for you all as it is for us.

Thanks for all the hard work you are doing. I know it will make things better soon.

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
vox is experiencing a number of issues. At least for me.

My root at wolfgardens.org now produces this error"
Index of /
blank.png
Name Last modified Size Description
[ERROR] Can not open directory for URI: /!Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at wolfgardens.org Port 80"

I am now getting a 404 code when I try to access wolfgardens.org/home
"404 Not Found The resource requested could not be found on this server!"
Installing other software from SL in a new folders results in the same issues.

I am also missing all email accounts.
Email Accounts
In this area you can manage the email accounts associated with your domains.

"ATTENTION: Using 3 out of 3 available Email Accounts

Results per page: 10 25 50 100

Account @ DomainUsage / Quota / %Actions
No Accounts Found "

Database errors also are reporting that the character set does not allow saving in Joomla.
There is also an out of date message on the MyPhPAdmin CP.
"A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 4.1.14, released on 2014-04-26."

a new installation of joomla at http://wolfgardens.x10.mx/joomla30/ results in the same error:
Not Found
The resource requested could not be found on this server!

Jim Windwalker

Reaction score
I posted this back in May and never recieved an answer.
Thus I moved my site.

I am looking at paid hosting, and while I like x10's prices and resources, the best prices in the world combined with all the resources in the world are still useless if they do not work.

Have the issues been corrected or are problems still abundant as before?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly what issues you're speaking of. If they're the ones in this thread, I believe (if my tired mind can remember that far back) that these issues were caused by incompatible PHP versions with your script, along with the fact that we did not have a fully functional backup of your account that we could restore from, so I had to manually piece together a backup.

On premium hosting, none of these will be an issue, as long as your site is running on your other host, it will run with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.