Site wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

Reaction score
This is what i get

Welcome to nginx on Fedora!
This page is used to test the proper operation of the nginx HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly.

Website Administrator
This is the default index.html page that is distributed with nginx on Fedora. It is located in /usr/share/nginx/html.

You should now put your content in a location of your choice and edit the root configuration directive in the nginx configuration file/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.

dustx10b

Reaction score
My site is down too, can't access Cpanel...x10 account is as far as I can get

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

This server is being hit with a DDoS attack, causing this outage. We are actively working on this, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

TheGremlin

Reaction score
WoW first endless 503 errors, then slow service, now this. Whats next ?

u88q1kI.jpg

worstlet

Reaction score
WoW first endless 503 errors, then slow service, now this. Whats next ?

u88q1kI.jpg

This is why i ended up shelling out on paid hosting. Even though it's not with this company, i still would not go back. The 503 errors continue to this day, it goes away but comes back a hour later, so on and so on.

Today's downtime was really the last straw. If the hosting company had broadcast a site wide message stating the DOS attack, at least we would all know what was going on.

TheGremlin

Reaction score
I think they hope that people wont notice, i would never use this company for any serious website, free or paid.
Its a testing ground for me only.

worstlet

Reaction score
I think they hope that people wont notice, i would never use this company for any serious website, free or paid.
Its a testing ground for me only.

It's such real shame, you spend hours uploading files, editing database entries, names servers, etc. Then you have to move hosts again. Now i am not just complaining and being ungrateful, i have said previously i am thankful for the free service. However, free service has a obligation too, regardless if it is accepted. You do not agree to "uptime is ok but expect 503 errors every day" because who would sign up for that?

I now have to wait until the site is back online, login, download all my files and databases and redo it all on paid hosting. I have given x10 hosting so many passes (because it's free), but my time spent on waiting, editing, waiting, well it's just better to save time and use a paid host.

People can defend this company all they like, when that company fails to communicate with it'as customers - that is when alarm bells should start ringing. Communication is key for any business, so is professionalism.

worstlet

Reaction score

That is not a site wide announcement of any server issues. It is a server status page (completely different)

Server status page:
Updates on up/down servers with no detailed information

Site wide announcement / news
Detailed report on ongoing downtime and reasons why. This is not limited to errors but reported ones too.

I used to be a technological support technician for ****** support, while working for that company, it was the duty of technicle staff to address the server load/bus issues and the customer support team to inform their customers - what is causing the down time and when it is expected to be back in normal running service conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.