Site wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Although xo5 is now back online, I'm happy to answer any questions about this.

What exactly is a DDoS attack ?
A DDoS attack is where an attacker purposefully floods a server with a large amount of requests from multiple sources, with the intention of disrupting service for real users. Due to the magnitude of this attack, the server temporarily went offline while we investigated further.

I think they hope that people wont notice
Absolutely not. We have many websites hosted on each server, and we treat uptime as a main priority, due to how important it is for our customers. We have extensive monitoring systems in place to identify potential issues, and staff reacted to this issue as soon as it was identified.

but expect 503 errors every day
The issue where some sites were showing a 503 error message on xo5 was resolved. If you are still having issues with this, please open a new thread. We're happy to help with any issues you're having with this. :)

That is not a site wide announcement of any server issues. It is a server status page (completely different)
Our status page serves as a source of issues affecting our services. Explanations of any problems for individual servers are usually posted here as they identified, and anyone who is subscribed will receive notifications of any service outages by email. Any status updates posted here are manually placed by staff members, and this is not an automatic status page. I admit the lack of an explanation for this outage on our status page was below our usual standards, and this was my fault. We will do better in future.

Is this effecting Paid service?
No, x10Premium was not affected by this. Only xo5 (on free hosting) was affected. ;)

Thank you,

TheGremlin

Reaction score
You should throw that XO5 server as far as you can then go pick it up and throw it again. Today again im getting
HTTP Error 403 Forbidden errors. If you want to try to offer a service, free or not, you should at least make it work correctly, so as not to give your whole company a black eye.
At this point, i have already removed all my files from your junk server, (beat you to the punch on that one) :)
Sorry for the staff here, its hard to work for a company that insists on using junk. Bye Bye

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
You should throw that XO5 server as far as you can then go pick it up and throw it again.
there is NO hardware issue with any x10hosting server - free-hosting or others - and there has been none for a long time

the DDoS attack - and 403 errors - and 503 errors - are not caused by a server hardware issue

caftpx10

Reaction score
there is NO hardware issue with any x10hosting server - free-hosting or others - and there has been none for a long time

the DDoS attack - and 403 errors - and 503 errors - are not caused by a server hardware issue
I don't think he literally mean't that (for that quote specifically).

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about that part
I was replying to these two (2) parts of the OP's post

1.> "You should throw that XO5 server as far as you can..."

2.> "...work for a company that insists on using junk."

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Since this thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and it's a little hard to correct an error when the account owner has cleared their files, I'm locking this thread.

If anyone else has any issues with this, please create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.