SiteBuilder problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccfish

Reaction score
Hello. I am unable to install the sitebuilder through cPanel. I enter my ftp info and I repeatedly get the message that the user name or password are incorrect. I have changed the password to see if this would correct the problem. I can connect using FileZilla with the same user and password. Please help!

Thanks.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you tell us which user you are using to connect through FileZilla

The server name is ftp.yoursite.com
username is your cpanel username or your created username also works. But cpanel username is default ftp account

Try and tell us if problem persits.

Last edited:

captech

Reaction score
It sounds like the OP is having the same problem I am, and that is he can't connect to SiteReptile.

My questions has been escalated to a support ticket, if this thread is still open I'll post the resolution to my issue.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can i please get the FTP information you are using to connect to sitereptile (excluding the password) i don't need the pass.

captech

Reaction score
Can i please get the FTP information you are using to connect to sitereptile (excluding the password) i don't need the pass.

Hellsheept, I am not sure if you just wanted the OP's or mine too. Regardless i PMed you what i tried. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. thanks!

beccfish

Reaction score
The ftp info I'm using is:
domain: rebeccalouisefischer.pcriot.com
FTP username: beccfish

Thanks.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, beccfish can you please copy and paste the error you are getting?

captech

Reaction score
My error is:

Warning!
Username or Password incorrect.

<< Back

beccfish, are you getting the same thing? It would be interesting to know if multiple users are having the same problem.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you both try changing your passwords for your accounts and see if it fixes the issue?

captech

Reaction score
Can you both try changing your passwords for your accounts and see if it fixes the issue?

that was actually one of the first things i tried before i ever posted the issue on the forum.

Just to double check, I just changed my password again.

thank you for helping, I know this is a free service so i can't be too demanding. However this is getting very frustrating.

shubhas

Reaction score
The same problem i have also faced. Therefore i have delete my account.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Discussing about other webhosts is against the TOS of x10hosting...

So keep this in mind while answering captech

captech

Reaction score
Ok, let me ask a different question. Can someone recomend a 3rd party site builder program? i am tech savy but don't have time to code something myself. I want to use a template and provide basic information for my company.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, let me ask a different question. Can someone recomend a 3rd party site builder program? i am tech savy but don't have time to code something myself. I want to use a template and provide basic information for my company.

My suggestion is to use Adobe Dreamweaver instead of a site builder.

Make your template and upload it to your website.. you can also use free template. there are many site which provide this

Last edited:

beccfish

Reaction score
My error is:

Warning!

<< Back

beccfish, are you getting the same thing? It would be interesting to know if multiple users are having the same problem.

I get the same error message. I also tried changing my password (twice) before posting (as indicated in my original post).

As I said, the password works perfectly for FileZilla (which says to me that I'm not mistyping it) - it's only SiteBuilder that won't recognize it.

Thanks.

woodelf

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to x10hosting but straight away find I have the same problem with the site builder

Warning!
<< Back

As previously stated FTP works fine - just site builder fails!

Has anyone had recent success?

If anyone can suggest a workaround I'd be happy to give it a try, but obviously I need to get something up sooner rather than latter.

If not it looks like we have to use other methods to make our sites - maybe SiteReptile should be removed from cpanel until the problem can be sorted.

Thanks, Happy New Year & Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.