Sliced images and website

pasha2k

Reaction score
I transferred my sliced images from photoshop to dreamweaver and when I view my website I see the images I created load in slowly. How do I prevent this from happening? It needs to load at one time.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you remember to set the image export format to GIF or JPG?

It sounds like you are trying to load the full size PSD / PNG images, these could be several MB in size and cause you problems.

pasha2k

Reaction score
Thanks for your reponse. the navigation is set to gifs, but the other images are jpegs. these are slices saved as an images from photoshop. What should I do or use instead of the sliced images out of photopshop? How do I fix this?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the size range of your images? You can find out by right clicking on the image and selecting properties.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe a link to the page in question so we can examine the problem?

graphic.flaw

Reaction score
I know this is off subject from the original post but figured its a good place to ask. :) When is a good time/place to slice images?

pasha2k

Reaction score
Graphic flaw is sliced these images bc I built the page in photoshop and then transferred the images to dreamweaver. After I made the necessary changes in Dreamweaver I just saved the file as an .html. The images range from 1KB to 30 KB. Is this slowing the page? Any suggestions? I really want the page to load all images at one time.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you want to post a link to the page or do you just want us to guess at what the problem is?