Votes: 17 40.5%
  • phpbb

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalseHope

Reaction score
There is no "better" one, like I said in a previous post on another board on x10. It's only a persons opinion. I think that SMF is better than phpbb in my opinion. Mainly because it has a lot of mods and is easy to configure.

kkenny

Reaction score
SMF is a more secure BB board in my opinion, while phpBB is more admin-user friendly and user friendly in general. They roughly have the same amount of plugins last time I checked, and I guess like Mike said, it's all based on opinion.

AutoItKing

Reaction score
Opinion, like all others before me, is crucial in your choice of forum software. I prefer SMF because it's very mod-friendly, and is easily modded, even by a newbie. It's endlessly customizable, whereas phpBB has it's limits of what you can do without going into the source code. I just like SMF better. IP.Board is still my favorite, however, even if it's not free.

FalseHope

Reaction score
True phpBB might be more administrator friendly, but SMF like AutoItKing said, has more modifications. You can do A LOT more with SMF than with phpBB. Even with the new versions, SMF has a nice few modifications and skins for it, but phpBB3 does not have many.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
SMF is best to me as well. Very helpful forum, loads of mods, secure (never been hacked or have had a spam bot find it's way in, ever!), and it's fast as well. Besides, I have it, and have had it for over a year now when I started my first forum.

oiwio

Reaction score
I think smf has a better look for its default layout and its other layouts. Plus I also think it has more/ better add-ons than phpbb

coolv1994

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say phpBB because I've been user for years and their pretty good.

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
i think that smf is better because have best stability and the mods are more easy and confiable than phpbb ^^

grettings

Last edited:

TheMan177

Reaction score
SMF - Faster, more secure, growing and helpful community, loads of mods...
It's much more solid then phpBB, in my opinion.

Sohail

Reaction score
I prefer PHPbb, it's more customizable and flexible. Plus it's got a great user interface which would probably work for noobs too ;).

jason.claude

Reaction score
never liked phpbb, but when I found smf forums it was like heaven expecially with all the mods and the ease with which mods could be created. also very easy to port to another database using adodblite.

flixin

Reaction score
SMF Would be a good choice for me....Coz it has good security...easy configurable...i have seen many phpbb forums attacked by spywares, malicious scripts, bots....etc....but doesn't seen a single smf forum attacked by spywares....viruses, malicious scripts.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
My personal opinion is SMF is better. I like to work with it. We can customize it very easily. It is fast.

FalseHope

Reaction score
I am wonder, how is phpBB more customizable? It's not, SMF is more customizable than phpBB. They have way more modifications that phpBB, and probably better ones, in my opinion.

Daniel S

Reaction score
i would say phpbb as there are lots of styles made for it and the adons/ mods i have ever wned are available and i have always used phpbb.

(I migt download smf and have a look to see what its like)

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
SMF is most analogous to vBulliten, and I absolutely hate vBulliten.

Besides, phpBB3 has a more user-friendly admin panel and styles are easily implmented.

Sure, SMF has more mods. phpBB has more stuff built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.