Votes: 17 40.5%
  • phpbb

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zapzack

Reaction score
Normally, I would choose neither for a free forum.. My vote goes to MyBB.. BUT, since i do not have a choice for that, I will choose phpbb.. It has been around forever, and has many themes and mods to fit virtually any forum.. The only problem with SMF is that there are not many good-looking themes.. It does have a lot of useful mods though.

Joshua203

Reaction score
I voted phpbb

actually this is not really fair because i never really used smf (only viewed a couple) i think it looks like its name ..."SIMPLE", but hey that s just my humble opinion

on phpbb i spend lots of hours and i just love it most of the time ... except when it does not do what i want it to after a week of modding around then i sometimes start hating it too ;-)

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
Hey man honestly I have worked alot with PHPbb and SMF and compared to this next free forum software they both suck! I think you should go with MyBB. Its user friendly, dynamic, has pretty good mods, easy to configure, and user friendly ACP. So DEFINATLY consider MyBB Also its completely free.

Now if you are stuck on getting those two go with SMF the mods are alot better and easier to add than PhpBB which to me was a nightmare.

deltavolt

Reaction score
My preference is phpBB 3 > SMF 1 > phpBB 2. I loved phpBB 3 when I used it and hated version 2. I used SMF at some point but was never too fond of it - though like many have said, the add ons are much easier to install.

briapv

Reaction score
I like SMF because it haves some built in options that phpBB not haves like Karma.
And if you want a MOD on phpBB you'll have to install AutoMOD or doing everything yourself. SMF is the easyest for MODS

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please refrain from bumping year old topics.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.