So what do you guys think of my design?

Dmitry_airhacks

Reaction score
Hey, new here, just started my web, its still under construction, but, i need good suggestions..
http://sdd.exofire.net/

Nice design, but do something about the bar that is above the text. I think it will look much better if you horizontaly repeat the blue coloured texture instead of just stretching it. Also, make sure that those pictures have the same size on all of your pages.

Dmitry

Agenator

Reaction score
low quality images, but overall a really good site. I would suggest finding a better looping method for the fire on the dragon and also mayb saving some of the images as .png to increase quality.

icedevil

Reaction score
I dont know what you dont like about my news bar, but i need an abstract energy flow effect, if you have a good idea of how to do it, draw it and send it to me :). Agenator, the images are just a preview ( junk to fill in empty space) of whats going to be on my web, i plan to put downloadable models on that page :)

Neurosylum

Reaction score
Hey, new here, just started my web, its still under construction, but, i need good suggestions..
http://sdd.exofire.net/

I really love the flash banner. It gets to show off what you're capable of. However, I'm not too keen on the border surrounding it. I think you were going for an icy look, but the edges are really pixelated.

Maybe under the news title bar, you can put a blue background color for the text where you're describing the difference between 3D and 2D, and while you're at it, how about a different color for the word "News"? Just a suggestion.

I dont know what you dont like about my news bar, but i need an abstract energy flow effect, if you have a good idea of how to do it, draw it and send it to me :).

If you were going for creating ice (that's what I'm assuming that blue whispy thing is) under the "News" bar, there are lots of photoshop tutorials online. If you don't have photoshop, there are a lot of other tutorials to programs that I'm sure you might have. Again, some of the graphics do look pixelated, and what Agenator suggested about .png files is definitely worth a try. :)

Joshua_Abdon_Sly

Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, a very nice lay-out!
But when i clicked one of the icon's in the menu, the flash-bar above is loading again. I think it would be nice if the bar just loaded one time?

Josh

icedevil

Reaction score
thx josh, yea im working on it right now, problem is i never bothered writing it in php >.<

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
we need you! :D

HeLLsHeEp is making a MMORPG, and we need a 3d graphic team leader.

see the post in my signiture.

Over all, i like the site, and other than the nav bar loading its great.

Maybe you could find a way to save the nav data onto the viewers PC, and make it not load every time.

icedevil

Reaction score
Ok, problem #1 solved, now if you load the same page or other pages, top bar will stay there, already loaded :) (wont load again and again, etc...)
However there is a second problem, when you veiw this bar for the first time (upon opening my web for the first time) the image sequence will be choppy, now i figured, that it depends how fast your computer can play back these frames (load them basicly), if you have an idea of how to solve this, plz plz tell >.<

DragonMaster

Reaction score
I see two things :

1. Change the main page font, Times New Roman doesn't look good on a screen.
2. Paragraphs on the main page would help, the text is hard to follow.

Hope this helps!