Social networking site script/ software

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a social networking site script that I can use to create a Facebook like website.

The script should be Free and Open Source.

I have used the following scripts:

Buddypress - This was the best of the lot. With just a single problem; it is terribly SLOW!!
Jcow - Not bad. But it enforces footer ads on free editions and also charges for the Pages and Groups plugins.
Oxwall - Never came across any software that has more bugs!
Pligg - More suited for Digg like sites.

Kindly don't suggest Social Engine. I am looking for FOSS.

Also, if anyone has any experience in any such social networking website software, please share them with me. Your reviews are most welcome.

Regards.

Last edited:

prakash.rgp92

Reaction score
Try elgg dude... its little bit fast and simple

------------------------------------------
http://www.getallfun.com

Read Interesting and weird News, Watch Funny Videos, Funny Ads,Funny pictures. Make free PC to PHONE calls anywhere,Send Free SMS anywhere without registration.

ak.kajol76

Reaction score
i want to a social networking script like facebook.

please any one have it or give me the link.

Thanks

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I recommend you use Elgg (http://www.elgg.org), which is open source software that creates a social networks very similar to Facebook. :) You can install Elgg via Softaculous if you wish, or you can download from the official Elgg website and set it up manually. :)

deepak.dbbg54

Reaction score
Re: Social networking site script/ software:- Elgg is the best

Elgg is the best. visit www.elgg.org
If you are interested in a site immediately you should choose ver 1.7.x and if you would like to go with developers then use latest ver 1.8.
And yes elgg's plugins make it powerful. I can even suggest you above 100 plugins to make your site full featured. for that you can ask me at deepak.dbbg@gmail.com