Softaculous backups and restorations not working

nana1002

Reaction score
Hello there
I have tried without success to perform restoration and / or backups through softaculous (specifically on prestashop, but I also tried with two other e-Commerce) and neither of the 2 procedures works
The process of both restoration and backup begins correctly, but when it reaches 95% it stops and does not progress.
When backing up it does not create any files in the softaculous-backups directory
Trying to restore only creates an empty database, that is, only the database name but no data. It does not restore directories either.
Could you please help me and tell me if I can take any action to solve it?
Thanks in advance

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have poked around a bit, and my conclusion is that it is possibly not an account issue, seem to fail on my test account on that server too.

I'll let the techs now, as it could be something within Softaculous itself that causes the problems.

nana1002

Reaction score
I have poked around a bit, and my conclusion is that it is possibly not an account issue, seem to fail on my test account on that server too.

I'll let the techs now, as it could be something within Softaculous itself that causes the problems.
Hello Anna. Thank you very much for your kind answer and help.

Should I inform the technicians via a new thread, or some other way?
Do you know if this can usually take a long time?
How will I know that this issue has been resolved?
I'm worried that I won't be able to back up the eCommerce project as it progresses.
Do you recommend waiting while this problem is fixed?

again, thank you very much in advance

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Anna. Thank you very much for your kind answer and help.

Should I inform the technicians via a new thread, or some other way?
Do you know if this can usually take a long time?
How will I know that this issue has been resolved?
I'm worried that I won't be able to back up the eCommerce project as it progresses.
Do you recommend waiting while this problem is fixed?

again, thank you very much in advance
She let us know of this issue as soon as it was reported.

We will update this thread once we have an update.

If you need to backup your service you may do so manually via the compression tool in your file manager to zip your directory and then download a local copy.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
To add to Erics post, you can do a database backup through phpMyAdmin which you can access through DA (login link is under databases and under Extra Features).

nana1002

Reaction score
She let us know of this issue as soon as it was reported.

We will update this thread once we have an update.

If you need to backup your service you may do so manually via the compression tool in your file manager to zip your directory and then download a local copy.
Thank you very much

nana1002

Reaction score
To add to Erics post, you can do a database backup through phpMyAdmin which you can access through DA (login link is under databases and under Extra Features).
Thanks again Anna.
You are very kind
I will follow both tips. (Eric´s and yours)
Have a nice day