Software/Script installer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
a. Which script were you trying to install?

b. Installing manually or via Softaculous?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you try installing your forum by using the cPanel x3 theme, rather than the x10Hosting Basic theme, and let me know whether you are still receiving this error message?

You can switch your theme by choosing the "Switch Theme" button in the top right of cPanel. After switching, there will be an icon on your cPanel home page for "Softaculous", which you can then follow to install SMF. ;)

Thank you,

sbgfgfx1

Reaction score
I wish there was a like button or something, because you just saved me from a ginormous headache! Thank you Dead-i!

Hi,

Please could you try installing your forum by using the cPanel x3 theme, rather than the x10Hosting Basic theme, and let me know whether you are still receiving this error message?

You can switch your theme by choosing the "Switch Theme" button in the top right of cPanel. After switching, there will be an icon on your cPanel home page for "Softaculous", which you can then follow to install SMF. ;)

Thank you,

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you so much, but for my site, I can't access it without having www.*****.x10host.com/smf

how do i remove the smf part?
It all depends on where you are trying to install SMF. (smf is the default directory thats created during install)
im not sure if you have the option to change the install path using the easy installer.

I always just downloaded the smf package from their website, created a mysql database then installed it that way.
i never use that easy installer, they are usually behind in new versions of scripts.

Another reason to download it from the smf website. current stable is smf 2.0.14
the screenshot you showed of the one the installer was doing is smf 2.0.9
which may be missing latest security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.