Software you can't live without?

sandogg

Reaction score
Are there any software apart from the essential ones such as OS, Browser, Firewall, etc., that you cannot live without.
I mean for example I can't live without Speedfan (overheating system), CCleaner, Paint.NET and Deamon tools and a couple of Widgets and a few others.
Not restricted to windows (I am mainly a windows user) as I am aware of some the great programs available only on UNIX, Linux and MAC.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
i use eclipse and pydev on a daily basis at work... irssi, pidgin, and gnome-commander are on my frequents list

and I use flyback for backups...

dr.scoo

Reaction score
A program always with me.Kaspersky Internet Security.
I can't imagine my self plugged to the INternet wizout an internet security

Swiblet

Reaction score
Hehehe...Okay, here it goes.

UTorrent
Avast Professional
Windows Live
Outlook
Regcure
CrapCleaner
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Alcohol 120%
AnyDVD
DVDShrink
Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash CS3

Yeah =P I use ALOT.

~~B3N

Anghel132

Reaction score
AnyDVD
DVDShrink

Deathpie :D DVDX CloneDVD is your friend!

:p

as for me.. I can't live without BitDefender, I think I may actually buy the software as it boots the competition outta the water in the tests :D and was awesome during eval on my machine XD

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't live without Firefox for the Internet, and all of the games I've bought to play on my gaming computer.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
7-Zip (best compression utility hands down), AVG Free, CCleaner (this should be preinstalled on all computers), Everest Home (comp stats/data), Firefox, TweakUI, and Paint.NET. Oh and of course, lovely uTorrent.

manzoor

Reaction score
ok will try CCleaner :)

[Oh, and yeah congrats to my self on my 400th post lol]

Last edited:

Singard

Reaction score
UTorrent
Avast Professional
Windows Live
CCleaner
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
COMODO
PPStream/PPLive
FoxIt Reader

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
7-zip, notepad++, virtual machine software (currently MS Virtual PC 2007, and trying innotek VirtualBox), jkDefrag (the Vista defragger is awfully simple, and every time, even after it's defragged, it says that the drive needs defragmenting. Oh, and GAMES! (And Outlook...)

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Maya 7.0 PLE, 3ds Max 9, Blender 3d, UnrealEd 3.0, UnrealEd 4.0, Firefox, 7-Zip, UT2004, UT3, COD2, Xfire, YIM, AIM, WLM, WMP, 1337Sp34k (TeamSpeak), Ventrillo, Skype, BF2, Notation Composer, GIMP, ConTEXT, Unreal Development Environment, UCC, UTPT, Visual C++ Express Edition, VLC Media Player, Outlook Express, and a few others (yea, kind of overkill).

Last edited:

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
I prefer Internet Explorer 7 over FireFox. Microsoft ftw!!!

A very good piece of software is Process Explorer. The default task manager is a junk not worthy of my computer.

wolf693

Reaction score
Firefox, uTorrent, Windows Live, Napster, GIMP, Google Earth (Not sure why, but I use it a lot), OpenOffice, CCleaner, plus my good ol' (Well it's not old) Verizon Internet Security Suite (For an internet company-ran security suite, they do a good job of taking care of things!)