Software you can't live without?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Sandogg said apart from the essential ones such as OS, Browser, Firewall, etc. As for me, pretty much the same as deathpie:

Avast Professional
Windows Live
Outlook
Regcure
CrapCleaner
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Alcohol 120%
Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash CS3/Dreamweaver
Nero 8
Arty Flash Ripper
Yahoo! Widgets
and Tons of Games!

Wonder what would happen if Y2K was real?

Xemnas

Reaction score
What couldn't I live without? Unreal Tournament, UnrealEd, Visual Basic .NET, ZoneAlarm, Virtual PC (for my copy of Windows 95 - if I had a floppy drive I've have put 3.1 on there as well ;)), and any web browser that isn't Internet Explorer =P
Wonder what would happen if Y2K was real?
Then the ending in Chrono Trigger where the world dies would have happened, and we'd all be goners! :eek4:

Jesse

Reaction score
Eset Smart Security
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
(All Adobe Products, LOL :p)
Yahoo Messenger
Internet Explorer 7/Mozilla Firefox
Tune-Up Utilities 2008
(Some Games)

sunils

Reaction score
All Adobe Products
Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox
MySQL
XAMPP
Expression
Blend

EvoMe

Reaction score
AIM
Vario
Firefox
Reshacker
Limewire
bitcomet
divx player
intunes
replay media catcher

Michan1

Reaction score
Frostwire, wich is a free version (GNU) of limewire pro

7 Zip

dvd free region + CSS (for unlocking dvd regions on your drive)

Kaspersky antivirus 6 (altho theres a new version, i prefer this one for its low resource consumption)

Zoom Player (an all in one video player, all it needs are the plugins, works wonders)

CCCP codec pack

OODefrag (works wonders in Vista)

Total Video Converter 3.11 (just as the name says, it converts _any format_ to any format, even for ipods, it has subtitle support, wich Videora doesnt, just make sure the timings are right (.ass format)

Aegisub (for making subtitles for movies)

Photofiltre (a free image editor with better features than most image editors, even paint shop pro,)

Firefox, of course

there is more, but sure comes in dandy

Xemnas

Reaction score
I'm going to add Alcohol 52% and pSX to my list. Alcohol 52% lets you create disc images of your discs (handy for when music in a pSX-emulated game won't work, or if you're a pirate :eek5:), pSX is a PlayStation emulator, which I'm using for games that don't work on my PS2 (I finally played Ridge Racer 1 for the first time!), or when I want to save games (I'm sick of my slim PS2 not reading my PS1 memory cards). I'm not going to answer any questions about the latter, Google it yourself ;)

Last edited:

DarkenProject

Reaction score
VLC (video player), Skype, Warcraft3 Banlist, and Open Office. I love to game (its my #1 time eater), and the VLC player trumps the Windows Media Player any day (especially for mkv support). Also, skype is great to keep in touch with friends and family, but also to voice chat while gaming.

krissyj

Reaction score
I don't think I could live without Photoshop. Everything else can go, but not my Photoshop.

Imaginee

Reaction score
explorer.exe...

Seriously though, I'm a dead man without an IM, or my games or Steam or Skype... GAAAAAAAH! I need them all! :eek4: :ugh::tear::runaway:

tektrnica

Reaction score
Firefox, Notepad++, Photoshop CS3, Reason4, Guitar Pro 5, Winamp, VLC, and a ton of other system software that comes with my copy of XP :p