Solve Media

xpresitnet79

Reaction score
Wow. That is a friggen brilliant system! Way too interactive for those damn spammer bots to be able to crack through and make money on top of it! I've honestly NEVER seen anything like that before! And it sure beats CAPTCHA! That crap is usually hard to read and even when you click that "hear audio phrase" its garbled and worthless.

I'd say this thing is a win / win. Keeps the spam bots from cluttering forums with garbage, eliminates the "damn, i can't read the captcha bs and it keeps telling me i got it wrong! aaahh!" problem and make money on top of it.

I am friggen impressed! lol

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The SolveMedia verification is really cool! :biggrin:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Even though the Solve Media puzzles are really just advertisements most of the time, I do find them interesting and creative.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah the advertisements can be annoying, but it's good to keep away spam bots.
For example, every time I need to login to free hosting cPanel I get this booming voice come out of my speakers going 'BUY HOT DOGS!' xD

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
for the really annoying ads (the click to play and then wait 10 seconds ones) I just memorize what the text is supposed to be so I don't have to play the ad, which I suppose is effective advertising even if I don't see the ad all the time since I know associate the ad's starting image with that particular phrase :p

I kinda wonder what the revenue x10 gets off of them, but Corey probably isn't allowed to divulge that info.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I thought the text was different every time?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Agreed. I find Solve Media quite interesting sometimes and in some cases, easier than regular Captchas.

For the ones where you play an ad and quoted text appears after a few seconds, the text is different sometimes though there's usually a good chance that the quoted text is the same per ad. I remember once seeing an ad for Verizon FiOS over and over and I just memorized that the text would be "Switch to FiOS".

This isn't always the case though. I remember the FiOS did change at some point except I forgot what the other phrase was.

xpresitnet79

Reaction score
Well thanks everyone for your prompt and welcoming responses. Heehehe. As far as what you can make with Solve Media, why not ask Solve Media? I don't think they're going to tell anyone to goto hell. Just act as if you're a "new ad publisher" and make inquiries. You're not obligated to tell them that you're "just a regular joe or jane web user" anymore than they are obligated to out-right list their rates on their website :D

Besides, if any of you actually have forums or anything which requires authentication on your x10 hosted website that you have on here, then whats really stopping you from making money with Solve Media the same way x10 is doing it? You don't have to be as huge as x10 to do this. Hey, even if you only make $10 or $20 extra bucks from it a month, free money is free money, isn't it?

I already make money off of YouTube so Solve Media is just yet another thing for me to explore in the semi-near future and see what sort of "things which require authentication" are compatible with both x10 and Solve Media and go from there. Its just going to be a slow, fun, exploratory adventure into potentials and probabilities. To just see what I can do with this, or not. Thats all making money on YouTube is for me right now. Its not bringing in 10s of thousands of dollars per month for me. Could it? Sure. Is it? Not yet, no.

But also keep in mind that these x10 forums here are also yet another opportunity for boosting my YouTube Traffic as well. Not to brag, but I do feel I make some damned interesting videos and all of my subscribers seem to think so as well. So its not like I'll be posting pure garbage around this place. I'm all about quality. :)

I also use Kdenlive under Ubuntu Linux for making my videos, in case anyone was going to ask :)

Here is a sample of one of my videos, in case anyone is going to ask that also:

[video=youtube;M4iZUzr-XfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4iZUzr-XfY[/video]

I chose this video because this video quite literally represents exactly what Solve Media did. They took responsibility aka Response ability aka your ABILITY to RESPOND -- and re-defined the definitions of their perceptions of circumstances in order to create something new for themselves.

Most people would define banner ads and CAPTCHA as being annoying lesser-evils which we all must deal with. Well, Solve Media decided to look at this from another perspective and said "why do we need to use these annoying infrastructures and why must we all deal with them?".

I am sure the person who came up with this whole idea is of no greater or lesser ability than any of you. All it takes is one tiny idea and the willingness to be open minded enough to let it grow and blossom and then WHAMO! Innovation!

Those who dedicate themselves to doing what they love for its own sake, get rich with both monetary and non-monetary abundances. Those who focus on the love of monetary abundance either never make one damned penny for their troubles -- or -- they do get monetarily rich but not in the way they had hoped and life becomes an even bigger struggle and pain in the ass than it ever was when they weren't monetarily wealthy.

If this doesn't make sense to any of you, I'll quote someone who followed their excitement and joy and became abundant as per what he says to people who say to him "all of this doesn't make any sense". He said (and this is a "word play" statement, here): "when you stop needing it to make sense, you'll make dollars!" :)

Anyways, my thanks to x10 for inspiring me to think in new ways. I'm going to be having fun seeing what I can do with all of that :)

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Oh and I also advertised you guys in one of my blogs :)

http://twarrior.deviantart.com/journal/update-Web-Hosting-That-Doesn-t-Suck-264547567

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
for the really annoying ads (the click to play and then wait 10 seconds ones) I just memorize what the text is supposed to be so I don't have to play the ad, which I suppose is effective advertising even if I don't see the ad all the time since I know associate the ad's starting image with that particular phrase :p

I kinda wonder what the revenue x10 gets off of them, but Corey probably isn't allowed to divulge that info.

That doesn't work all the time... There are some ads that actually show the same ad but have different text.

Sometimes. It depends on the day it seems.

Agreed. I find Solve Media quite interesting sometimes and in some cases, easier than regular Captchas.

For the ones where you play an ad and quoted text appears after a few seconds, the text is different sometimes though there's usually a good chance that the quoted text is the same per ad. I remember once seeing an ad for Verizon FiOS over and over and I just memorized that the text would be "Switch to FiOS".

This isn't always the case though. I remember the FiOS did change at some point except I forgot what the other phrase was.

If only I could get FiOS here! They need to work faster and finish running the cabling they're running down the street from me :C

xpresitnet79

Reaction score
If only I could get FiOS here! They need to work faster and finish running the cabling they're running down the street from me :C

Oh don't worry, once its there they will want to charge some ridiculous amount of money which will prevent you from getting it anyways. :D

burnsfast65

Reaction score
ive actually noticed with this type of verification i have had to refresh the page a good 10 times before it got off the advertisement just to see the words to type.

may be my ancient computer but it can be a hassle from time to time when i gotta try with 3 different browsers

but in other words i think its a great feature even if you have to refresh 10 times... deffinitly bot proof lol

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Oh don't worry, once its there they will want to charge some ridiculous amount of money which will prevent you from getting it anyways. :D

The way I see it, they'll probably bypass my neighborhood and insult me like that (lol?), and then try to sell me onto a Fixed LTE connection. Given that's the case I would hang onto my DSL just to avoid the beast (bad form, not awesome form) that is Wireless, and potential data limits. The cost of FiOS isn't out of my ballpark, granted I won't be buying the 150Mbps package until it's price gets cut in half (I'll pay $100 for it) but the 35Mbps/35Mbps package is certainly the grabber for me at the moment.

Last edited: