some joomla pages loading with no css/tepmlate

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteraa

Reaction score
My front joomla page is loading fine:

filetest.net

http://www.masterdoublea.x10hosting.com/filetest/

But when I go to news, or any other page, its just text, no template or css.

http://filetest.net/index.php/features

http://www.masterdoublea.x10hosting....x.php/features

-----------------

I purchased filetest.net today, (the domain) and linked that to public_html/filetest

when I insalled joomla I couldent get the ftp settings to work at all. I made an ftp account for joomla, I tried making a new ftp account also. No luck their. But when i got an error meassage it said no ftp serer at filetest.net.... now my real url is masterdoublea.x10hosting.com/filetest, is this new purchased domain somehow messing me up?

Also when I went to insall joomla I installed it from filetest.net insted of using the longer url, (using the joomla browser install) could this be part of my problems?

This is my first time using joomla 1.5 I want to use the latest version, for security and look features. I dont want to have a website that looks dated, joomla 1.5 allows this much better to my understanding.

I would use fantastico, but its 1.0.2 :(

thanks for your time.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
try looking at your Joomla config. to see where the base dir is. I'm not that familiar with Joomla, cuz on the features page, it points the css to "index.php/templates/....." so you want to get rid of the index.php

if you can't find anything, either reinstall Joolma, or wait for someone else

byite

Reaction score
I've installed Joomla! on X10 before but haven't encountered your problem so I'm not really sure how to fix it. I think the easiest option would be to delete all of your Joomla! files and install it again - it is important that you get the FTP layer working as this is an important function on Unix based systems such as the ones used at X10 - the ftp credentials that you have with X10 should work fine with Joomla!; enter them at the FTP step (user and pass) and click "auto find ftp path" or something like that, it will then locate the Joomla! install directory and should then be fine.

If you choose to reinstall Joomla! feel free to PM me for any help that you need.

masteraa

Reaction score
I've installed Joomla! on X10 before but haven't encountered your problem so I'm not really sure how to fix it. I think the easiest option would be to delete all of your Joomla! files and install it again - it is important that you get the FTP layer working as this is an important function on Unix based systems such as the ones used at X10 - the ftp credentials that you have with X10 should work fine with Joomla!; enter them at the FTP step (user and pass) and click "auto find ftp path" or something like that, it will then locate the Joomla! install directory and should then be fine.

If you choose to reinstall Joomla! feel free to PM me for any help that you need.

I choose to reinstall my entire joomla setup, I deleated the ftp account, and the mysql database too.... I did it all over from scratch and it works fine now! :)

And for the ftp account not working.... it always way, I didnt reay the error meassage close enough, I feel rather stupid. Im so used to error meassages, when I see a little exclnation point next to a meassage I assume its bad. (darn java aleart meassages, cant you put a happy face next to a good meassage.)

My brain read "you ftp settings are invalid" insted of what i really said was "your ftp settings are valid."

lik I said again I feel pretty stupid :p

As far as my first install going wrong, I have no clue what I did wrong.

on a diffrent note, im new to joomla, and I cant find anywhere to get rid of the "welcome to the front page" meassage......

kkenny

Reaction score
Since it seems to be solved. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.