Some nice free templates (my pick)

Would you like me to continue doing this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I made a "my pick" list of free website templates from freecsstemplates.org

It's a pick for the first 10 pages of freecsstemplates.org

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Edit:
I added a poll to see if you would like me to continue doing this. I would really like to know if you find this useful or not.

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
Well i am the sort of guy who simply just has to DIY, I would never give way to the tempation of getting a free template.

Although other people may find this usefull I will not =(

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well i am the sort of guy who simply just has to DIY, I would never give way to the tempation of getting a free template.

Me too, but there are a lot of people here struggling with web design and I think that by studying this templates one can really learn something. And again, not all of the people here are web designers. There are those who don't know anything about web design cos they simply don't care about it but would really like to have nice looking site.

I wouldn't use templates for my own sites but when it's comes to business I welcome everything that can save my time and effort. Of course I don't mean free templates cos no meter how good they are they are not good enough and in many cases you can't sell them. I am talking about royalty free ones where you pay as lo as $10 for high-quality template. When you're making $1000+ site (where design don't matter) and $10 can really save your time and effort ... that's a good deal!

Never say never ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
I'd have thought that everyone's tastes & requirements of a CSS template will be different. So what may be your top 10 may be totally unsuitable for someone else. The look & function of a gaming site will, for example, usually be quite different to a site discussing environmental issues, or a site promoting items for sale.

I think that if you wish to make top 10 lists here, it would be more useful to others if you also state the criteria on which you judged the templates. You could also create several categories of top 10 templates, for the different types of site that might use them.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks zen-r, I appreciate your comment.

It's not a top 10 list, you got it all wrong. I picked what I think are the best designed templates from the first 10 pages at freecsstemplates.org. That's first 10 pages on the time I posted the first thread.

I agree that tastes are different but quality is quality. You can't say that this template (http://www.freecsstemplates.org/preview/chalkboard) is better in any way then those I picked. It's not about taste at all.

zen-r

Reaction score
I did understand that it was from the 1st 10 pages, but, OK, I wrongly assumed there were about 10 in your list.

However many there are in your top list though, the rest of my points still stand.

I agree that some templates can be just "bad" & worthy of exclusion, but it is very hard to determine a top list objectively without first determining & stating the criteria & type of site to which they are suited.

Just an opinion!

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion and (that's why I added a poll :) ).

Announcement!
I'll continue the list when I get at least 10 to vote "Yes" in the poll.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I see 10 votes so it's time for some more templates :) but this time I'll post less then the last so you can choose one more easily (or I'm just too lazy) :biggrin:

Please send some feedback if you use one of these templates.

I'll post again when it comes to 20 votes.

freecrm

Reaction score
I think that this is a worthwhile topic. As leviathon states, many users here won't have a clue what css is, and when you do, its tricky getting a good design thats compatible with all browsers.

I've voted, if not for myself!

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to know basic HTML to be able to use it.

mr. stevens

Reaction score
Indeed.

I'm pretty good with html and java. Just having a hard time editing a template in Dreamweaver.

teddysquared

Reaction score
Excellent stuff! I think templates are the greatest thing ever!

I do prefer to do it myself... but templates give way for someone to spin off your idea to something even greater!

Templates = Inspiration Fuel

Keep em comin!!