Some people can't view X10 websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkrose4ann32

Reaction score
I am teaching web design to my students so I set up a site to display examples of each lesson.
Some of my students can't view anything on X10. I have a few students who have sites on X10 but some of the other students can't view our websites. They get an error from IE.
Is there a solution for these people who can't view our websites?
Thank you,
Ann

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can they view it through a proxy?

What error message are they receiving?

Can they run a tracert to starka.x10hosting.com next time it fails and post the results, so we can see if it's failing along the way or if it's failing at x10?

Generally speaking the proxy idea usually works (and doesn't break the TOS. it only breaks the TOS if you actually install one on us; we dun care if you use one to view us though), but if we can get a copy of the error message and a tracert we can see if it's actually being affected cause of something on our end, or if it's happening along the way.

pinkrose4ann32

Reaction score
The message they get is this:
Oops! Internet Explore could not connect to pinkrose.x10.mx

They clicked on my link:
http://pinkrose.x10.mx

Two people said they got this.
One is from Florida and the other is from Mexico.
Both are using IE which I use and can see it.
Thank you,
Ann

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be any number of reasons, failed route along the way, somehow they managed to get their IPs blocked by our firewall.

The later we can sort easily, we just need to know what IPs to check for.

pinkrose4ann32

Reaction score
Could be any number of reasons, failed route along the way, somehow they managed to get their IPs blocked by our firewall.

The later we can sort easily, we just need to know what IPs to check for.

So, I need to get her IP address? She did the dns cache thing as was suggested.
She can now see another student's website here at X10 but not mine.

Her IP address is: 189.134.166.219

Thank you,
Ann

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That IP was not entered into the firewall for Starka, which is your server.

That leaves us with a routing issue, which is significantly harder to sort, as often the problem is located somewhere out of our control.

If she does a tracert to the server you are on (on windows Start->run; type in cmd click ok; in the command line interface type in "tracert starka.x10hosting.com", without the quotes and hit enter), where does it stop? This helps us figure out if it is something we can control, or if the stop is at a NODE on the way which we do not control.

ean_edirisinghe97

Reaction score
I am teaching web design to my students so I set up a site to display examples of each lesson.
Some of my students can't view anything on X10. I have a few students who have sites on X10 but some of the other students can't view our websites. They get an error from IE.
Is there a solution for these people who can't view our websites?
Thank you,
Ann

Yes if you use Internet explore does not support for the x10 hosting. Please ask them to use Firefox or opera like web browser. sure your problem will be over
Nihal

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
browser is not a factor at all.

pinkrose4ann32

Reaction score
browser is not a factor at all.
The other student who could not see my site misunderstood my question and she now can see my site. All browsers can see X10. I am using it to display examples of lessons and to see if I think X10 is good for my students. I have a lot of students that do not have a host. I used to recommend Bravenet but they have so many adds we can't see the page. So, far my new students that were sent to X10 like it very much. I am hoping they will be able to have enough space to display 60 lessons. When they are done with the lessons, then they may purchase here.
There is only one person who can't see my X10 site but she has had other problems so she is having a computer person come to her house to deal with the problem. I want to say thank you to all those who helped me and this is important in a host to have support paying or not. Lots of time, people start off free then purchase.
Ann

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
This should be a support request...

Status
Not open for further replies.