BW: Unmetered
FTP Accounts: 3
Email Accounts: 3
Email Lists: 1
DBs: 2
Subdomains: 2
Parked Domains: 1
Addon Domains: 2

What does unmetered mean? It means we do not set a limit on it. As long as you do not break the rules outlined in the terms of service you're allowed to use as much as you want. This also means we will be getting more strict with sites that break the terms of service. We will absolutely not allow file hosting websites or sites such as rapidshare, etc... There are zero tolerance suspensions meaning the site is gone for good, no second chances.

If you have an account already you do not have to change to this new plan if you do not want to. If you do decide to change you can not change back. All new accounts as of this post will have the new plan. The double all package is available on this plan if you want to upgrade the features. If you want to change to this new plan please open a support thread.

We are currently working on and implementing two major changes that will allow us to overcome the barrier we've hit with how many accounts cPanel will handle. If you don't know, the number one reason free hosting experiences any downtime is due to one of two things, cPanel or Apache. Every once in a while some users will cause an issue, maybe once a week, these users are normally dealt with fairly quickly by our automated systems. The rest of the time it is mostly due to cPanel & Apache not being able to handle the constant change of accounts on the server. We've struggled with this for a long time, the reality is cPanel is not made to handle the amount of accounts we throw at it on free hosting. We should have these changes live and out of testing by the end of this month. :cool:

Email tags... due to constant abuse of our email servers we're implementing a signature similar to what hotmail has, where emails going out from free hosting will be tagged with something like "Sent from x10Hosting" at the very bottom. We're hoping this will direct people to report abuse directly to us instead of the email providers causing our mail IPs to get a bad reputation, which in turn affects mail delivery. This should also help people to avoid falling victim to scams such as spoofed and phishing emails.

I'll leave this thread open for now to answer some questions, we DO NOT provide support in news threads. If people can't handle this I will close the thread.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
That's not bad for unmetered.

-- Do the users need to post something like

(X) yes i want the upgrade to unmetered knowing i can't downgrade.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the only way they'll know to ask for an upgrade is to read this post explaining it. If they didn't read the whole post, well... their fault ;)

Rob_C

Reaction score
So if I upgrade this will cause me to lose one of my databases? I am currently using 3 of 5. Also my total FTP Accounts, Email Accounts, Subdomains, Parked Domains, Addon Domains will all go down from what I have?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Good question... they max you can have will drop, however it will not delete anything that is already there, at least for now. For example if you have 3/5 it would change to 3/2, if you ever remove that one DB you can't get it back. I would not suggest for people to do this and for anyone to consider bringing their account below the limit as a future cPanel update could forcefully bring your account under the limit. We will not be responsible for loss of data in this case.

linksys713

Reaction score
What if we have purchased the double everything upgrade? Will we lose all those extra databases, email accounts, domains, etc?

danprobo

Reaction score
Corey, that is for the adfree how about the ad-enhanced? And you should repair the ad system because the ads is not showing in all of my site. And how about if I host my own made apps?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Corey, that is for the adfree how about the ad-enhanced? And you should repair the ad system because the ads is not showing in all of my site. And how about if I host my own made apps?

The ad-enhanced packages, I believe, have not been looked at for the update yet and probably will not be for right now. The only thing that has changed is that newly created, free, adfree accounts will have the unlimited plan instead of the old plan. The users with the old adfree plan can upgrade to the new one if they want at any time.

File hosting websites are against the free hosting terms of service. This means sites where users are able to upload files to share with others from your own personal hosting account. Your own files, hosted for distribution, is still a private website allowing users to download your programs and is not considered a file hosting site.

What if we have purchased the double everything upgrade? Will we lose all those extra databases, email accounts, domains, etc?

The 'double everything' plan hasn't been changed yet. I do believe the double everything plan will be updated in the future but that is for Corey to decide. You will still get double everything you paid for.

Last edited:

ludirois

Reaction score
How much cost an uprade? Becouse I'm try a new kind of content in my site then if it will be fine offcourse I have to upgrade also becouse I need to send email almost everyday! Another thing maybe I'm still with the old package becouse I cannot see my site the server appair be very low what I have to do?

Regards and sorry for my english

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The 'double everything' plan hasn't been changed yet. I do believe the double everything plan will be updated in the future but that is for Corey to decide. You will still get double everything you paid for.

Yes, he mentioned in his initial post that the "double it" options will be available for this new plan, so eventually he will get to that as well. Note that it will be probably be a double from the new plan, so it would likely result in less total databases then a double on the old package gives.

If you currently have any of the double it options, I'd advise you to hold off on upgrade to the new plan (adfree-infinity) until the infinity plan has had the corresponding double it packages set.

As for ad-enhanced, don't quote me on this, but the ad-enhanced package is likely gonna be discontinued, which means no new accounts will be moved over to this plan. Further more it is unlikely that the current ad-enhanced plans will be automatically changed to have unlimited bandwidth / diskspace.

ADD:
Please, to make this as easy as possible for staff, it would be a good idea if everyone started their own thread.

That way we can close the threads as the upgrade has been made and also it is less likely that we'll miss someone in the middle of a thread if everyone has their own.

Last edited:

Pyker

Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. My account was created long before this update. Will it be updated to the new plan?
2. When is this update coming to public? :p

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
"If you have an account already you do not have to change to this new plan if you do not want to. If you do decide to change you can not change back. All new accounts as of this post will have the new plan. The double all package is available on this plan if you want to upgrade the features. If you want to change to this new plan please open a support thread."
When is this update coming to public?
This is posted in Announcements. That is "public".

cheezo

Reaction score
my site is down from time to time now. why?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Since people can't read, this thread is closed. If you have questions open a support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.