Someguy took forum.x10hosting.com

felabria

Reaction score
That's so crap, i even tryed to register there:rant2:. But when i sawn i need to add the "s" after it i reported it here

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Far as I know they didn't do anything wrong; that particular forum clearly isn't the x10hosting forums, and the account in question doesn't appear to have anything bad on it.

It also has no resemblence to the x10 forums, and it wouldn't surprise me if most people bookmark the x10 ones anyways so they don't have to type it anymore.

Awesomexr

Reaction score
Haha it's about zombies, pretty interesting.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
In actuality, no one with enough knowledge should type in forum.x10hosting.com anyways. Forums is the plural of forum, as this board has many forums, organized in catagories, which hold threads. Forum, being the singular form, refers to just one forum, such as "News and Announcements" or "Off Topic".

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, it just annoys me when people use the singular form of a word to refer to the plural. :p

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The fact that the forum.x10hosting.com is not trying to copy the official forums shouldn't be a problem.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Either it is not imposing x10 nor active. Only one post and on 17th october i think that is by admin
Name is Zombie attack. lol ,

@felabria, Do you think this topic required any discussion.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
In actuality, no one with enough knowledge should type in forum.x10hosting.com anyways. Forums is the plural of forum, as this board has many forums, organized in catagories, which hold threads. Forum, being the singular form, refers to just one forum, such as "News and Announcements" or "Off Topic".

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, it just annoys me when people use the singular form of a word to refer to the plural. :p
In portuguese and other languages, they use Forum instead of Forums because tehy use 'forum' as a whole thing, and not counting that it have mutiple categories.

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
meh, idk. I think there should be restrictions on what subdomain you can get. For example, people shouldn't getting mediafire.x10, facebook.x10 ect.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That's so crap, i even tryed to register there:rant2:. But when i sawn i need to add the "s" after it i reported it here

The site's been around since October 15, 2009.

If the owner doesn't log in to the forums for another week or so, they'll get suspended for inactivity.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
meh, idk. I think there should be restrictions on what subdomain you can get. For example, people shouldn't getting mediafire.x10, facebook.x10 ect.

As long as they're not phishing sites, and those companies don't sue us for trademarked company name usage, I don't see a huge problem with it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as they're not phishing sites, and those companies don't sue us for trademarked company name usage, I don't see a huge problem with it.

That's true, although lately ones with that in the name are my favorite.

Not a single one's been legit so far. Gotta love calling up Hellsheep in IRC and going "hay, got a phisher. Thanks." :)

Danielx386

Reaction score
^ I would be calling up LadyAnna on IRC, I never seen (rarely) Hellsheep on IRC

ddlmovie

Reaction score
Most users ever online was 4 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

does it even matter :p

lucasjnjones

Reaction score
Forums is the plural of forum, as this board has many forums, organized in catagories, which hold threads. Forum, being the singular form, refers to just one forum, such as "News and Announcements" or "Off Topic".

I thought fora was the plural of forum, with the word "forum" being Latin. I'm not sure :S.

apoorav2

Reaction score
That's true, although lately ones with that in the name are my favorite.

Not a single one's been legit so far. Gotta love calling up Hellsheep in IRC and going "hay, got a phisher. Thanks." :)

X10 should prohibit these domain names as it can increase phishing, why to left some loopholes in the system